Lost all recordings...twice in 3 weeks!

Highlighted
Contributor

Lost all recordings...twice in 3 weeks!

A few weeks ago we noticed all our recordings were gone.  Started again recording plenty of stuff, thing we really did intend to watch.  Went to look for something tonight and once again...gone.  Everything.. Even as bad as Charter was, we never had problems like this.   We just had our U-verse installed in August, so this is a pretty bad start for us.   Tomorrow a tech is supposed to come out...just exactly what I wanted to do on my Saturday.

What is causing this and how can we avoid it in the future.   We've done nothing to cause it...yesterday it was all there...this afternoon..poof...gone.

Message 1 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Expert

Re: Lost all recordings...twice in 3 weeks!

Did your try doing a hard reboot by unplugging the DVR for 30 seconds and plugging it back in again to see if the recordings would re-appear?
Message 2 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Contributor

Yes, we tried it. Got nothing. This is so strange.   Tech is coming out this afternoon to replace the box, but now I am so nervous that it will happen again.  Not real pleased, needless to say.
Message 3 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Expert

Sounds like you have a bad DVR.  Hopefully, the replacement will work well for you.
Message 4 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Expert

Let us know what happens after you get the new dvr.
Message 5 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Contributor

I've had this happen twice in the last 6 months.  I had several of our favorite series recorded, including the season finales, and have lost them all ....for the second time!  Last time I called the Tech, he came out and swapped the box out and told me that sometimes by hitting some random combination of buttons on the remote, the DVR will suffer an uncorrectable error and default back to factory settings, which blows away your recordings, and reboot.  You will know this has occurred when you see the gears show up on the TV screen.  Don't know if it has anything to do with this, but both times I had about 60 shows recorded (over 80% of total drive capacity).  I think its because the boxes are crap, which is a shame because we like the rest of the service.

Message 6 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Expert

Go to this link and contact David.  Give as much info as you can.  He or a member of his staff will get in touch with you.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Calling/Trying-to-get-Voice/m-p/85341#M344

Message 7 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Scholar

Take a peek at my post of 5/22.  Maybe it will help.  When your recordings are lost, do you see the titles listed but get nothing (Black screen) when you try to play them?

I lost my recorded TV - or so I thought

Message 8 of 8 (1,170 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.