LOVE MY FAST WIRELESS, BUT HOW MUCH SLOWER IS THE UVERSE RG?

LOVE MY FAST WIRELESS, BUT HOW MUCH SLOWER IS THE UVERSE RG?

Long time lurker, who finally decided to dump Dish and Comcast and go 100 % uverse; install is still 2 weeks away, so learning all I can in the meantime..like make them use CAT5E, since everything in my house is Gigabit, etc..

So, my main concerns are two fold:

1. I use a Linksys Pro WRVS4400N wireless/wired router now, which is a wireless N, giving me stunning wireless speeds of around 11megs.( I am on Comcast 15/2 service)

I have read there are some ways to connect your router to the RG, so you can continue to use the wireless features of your current router, without "downgrading" to the Wireless B speeds of the 2Wire RG..has anyone done this successfully?

I have several rooms, two NAS drives, and my printer networked this way, and I have read about so many problems with the RG "seeing" things like networked printers and NAS drives...

2. Will they use CAT5E insted of CAT5, so I can utilize my Gigabyte connections everywhere?

I know they will want to try and shortcut the install, by using my existing COAX through out the house, but I won't let them do that..do they carry CAT5E on the trucks, or just CAT5?

Is there a way I can make them use CAT5E insted of CAT5?

I just want to make sure that my service doesn't end up being a "downgrade"...I am spoiled with Comcast internet speed now, and how well everything works on my Home Network, and I don't want to spend weeks trying to get everthing working properly after the install.

Thanks so much for any ideas or suggestions!!

Message 1 of 18

Re: LOVE MY FAST WIRELESS, BUT HOW MUCH SLOWER IS THE UVERSE RG?

good point; I forgot that sometimes I transfer gigs of files along the network..

Why the hell didnt they make the RG ports gigabyte???  Everything else on the uverse system is cutting edge...

Message 16 of 18
Master

Costs and the majority of their clients don't use it.
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted

yes, but for the few extra dollars that it might cost them, they would make the RG more "obsolescence" proof, plus, eventually, won't everything be on gigabyte, insted of 10/100?

Message 18 of 18
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support