Issues scheduling through Web DVR interface

Teacher

Issues scheduling through Web DVR interface

When scheduling a series through web interface that occurs on a specific channel at a specific time only (any day at x time), other shows for the same series are scheduled at different times on the same channel on the same day. Should only be that time alone. Appears to be over a 2 hour span of time that the recordings are selected. Encountering conflicting recording times when this occurs and degraded performance when an unexpected recording kicks off.

Let me give a more specific example:

I selected a program on the schedule to record at 4:00pm daily everyday, reruns and new on channel 1304. What I get are other episodes of the same show on the same channel scheduled throughout the day. I saw programs scheduled at 4:30, 5:00 and 6:00. All I was wanting was that series recorded at 4:00pm on Sundays only. Likewise if I attempt to schedule a weekday recording, I get numerous recordings scheduled throughout the week at different times.

Am I missing something? I thought selecting record at 4:00 any reruns and new episodes would be ONLY 4:00pm episodes. It is almost like I have selected record this series at anytime during the day on this channel.

I try to schedule shows when we are not watching as much as possible (early morning and when nobody is home) but when the scheduling shows up at a number of random times it makes it hard. Also trying to avoid recording 2 HD at the same time is harder because of this issue. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Issues scheduling through Web DVR interface

What you see is the way it works. It seems to maximize the possibility of capturing a show. Any day at about a time. It does work ok. But, as you are alluding to, there is a lot of room for improvement.

There should be an option to be very specific about day and time. There should be an option to do only weekdays - not weekends.

Since U-verse is computer based it should allow many options. In some cases the options should be selectable one time and every time you do that function it does it the way specified. For some case there just need to be more options available.

Here is a feature that would be great around football time - At&T monitors games that run over - frequently & adjusts the schedule for the shows that follow so that all the customers who have scheduled that show get only that show recorded.

I know you can compensate by adding time after the scheduled time of the show. But, that has numerous disadvantages - many people have to do it to many shows - wastes DVR space - hard to watch recording.

One AT&T person could make it right for all the customers just by slipping the schedule.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: Issues scheduling through Web DVR interface

There is an option on the actual STB that is something like "any day / once per day" and it should not catch all of those extra airings.  Yes the GUI / DVR interface could be better!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support