Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 15, 2009
8:55:40 AM
Internet Speed
My internet has been ungodly slow the past week. I looked at my bill and I am paying for the Broadband Pro speed which is 3.0 Mbps. I did a speedtest.net test on all of my machines and every single one was below 1 Mbps. What should I do? Is this just an issue that I should call customer service about or what? Thanks for your speedy responses.
My internet has been ungodly slow the past week. I looked at my bill and I am paying for the Broadband Pro speed which is 3.0 Mbps. I did a speedtest.net test on all of my machines and every single one was below 1 Mbps. What should I do? Is this just an issue that I should call customer service about or what? Thanks for your speedy responses.

Internet Speed

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 9:05:29 AM
(0)
Master
Have you rebooted both the computer and the modem recently.
Have you rebooted both the computer and the modem recently.

Re: Internet Speed

2 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 11:58:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

yea man. I reboot the computers every day and the 2Wire gateway almost every month. What should i do?

yea man. I reboot the computers every day and the 2Wire gateway almost every month. What should i do?

3 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 1:26:06 PM
(0)
Master
Could be a line problem and yes I would call tech support .
Could be a line problem and yes I would call tech support .

4 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 4:19:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What speed do you get at ATT's test site? http://help.sbcglobal.net/dsl/speedtest/

:smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition

What speed do you get at ATT's test site? http://help.sbcglobal.net/dsl/speedtest/

:smileywink:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 5:13:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

yeah that's correct.. sometimes the wireless channel has to be change as well . 1 - 6 - 11 i think  are the channels that don't overlap. you can access GUI or your modem by typing 192.168.1.254 on your URL. (if you want to do it yourself) or might as well call tech support and ask them to change it. and see if that will work..

oops! restart your computer after changing the wireless channel : )

yeah that's correct.. sometimes the wireless channel has to be change as well . 1 - 6 - 11 i think  are the channels that don't overlap. you can access GUI or your modem by typing 192.168.1.254 on your URL. (if you want to do it yourself) or might as well call tech support and ask them to change it. and see if that will work..

6 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 6:12:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

bebeGanDa wrote:

Wrong thread????? :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

bebeGanDa wrote:

Wrong thread????? :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2009 6:49:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

huh? smileyindifferent:

huh? smileyindifferent:

8 of 10 (798 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2010 8:00:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

I guess you need to call support and tell them you are paying for 3mb speed but only getting 1mb.

I guess you need to call support and tell them you are paying for 3mb speed but only getting 1mb.

9 of 10 (798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2010 8:06:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Call and have em send someone out, thats a dedicated line to your house so you are not sharing bandwidth with anyone else, you signed up for 3mbps and it should only go half a meg up or down max, call and a tech guy will fox that im positive

Call and have em send someone out, thats a dedicated line to your house so you are not sharing bandwidth with anyone else, you signed up for 3mbps and it should only go half a meg up or down max, call and a tech guy will fox that im positive

10 of 10 (798 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments