Intermittent loss of connection

Contributor

Intermittent loss of connection

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with my Uverse for about 6 months now (ever since they installed).  I have had roughly 15 techs come out to my house (both inside and line techs).  They fix some of the major issues, but I am still having an intermittent connection issue.  I get no warnings on the gateway, but all connection to the internet ceases for roughtly 15 seconds and then returns.  Webpages, streaming media, and online games all halt, but then return to normal.

To aid in troubleshooting, I downloaded Uverse Realtime and attached the screenshots here.  Any help is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 18 (1,797 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Intermittent loss of connection

[ Edited ]

horntoad - Tier 2 should be able to tell if your line interference issues are downstream (from the outside in) or upstream (generated in your home, going out).  SomeJoe's link to his interference issues mirrored my findings.  A buggy coax connection and a failing power supply on a U-Verse STB were my culprits.  He had a power supply fail too but his was on a non U-Verse box.  My interference issues were intermittent, unlike his.  

Having them determine if it's coming in from the outside or in, from the inside should help you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18 (885 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Hi All -

Yes, they have determined the issue is outside, on the upstream portion of the link. Many techs have come out, and said they repaired the "issue". However, working with Tier 2 folks, my line still has 2 short faults and 1 open fault - at specific distances from the Vrad. Today, another crew is working on the main line to fix these. I hope they do, as I've only been asking/complaining about this since January.

Message 17 of 18 (879 Views)
Expert

Contact David using the hyperlink in my sig.  Shoot him your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.  He is a tier 2 tech who has helped lots of people get issues resolved after they were told the issues were resolved.

Message 18 of 18 (854 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.