Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 20, 2011
5:40:35 PM
View profile
Intermittent dropouts in TV

We are generally happy with U-verse. But have one problem with the service. Sometimes, we will see small (a few seconds or less) dropouts while viewing TV. Happens watching live, but the same skip is also recorded. Occassionally this happens often enough to make a program unwatchable. But usually it is more of an annoyance.

Is there a way to diagnose where these problems come from (line, gateway, DVR, network cables, ... ).

thanks,

--Sandi

We are generally happy with U-verse. But have one problem with the service. Sometimes, we will see small (a few seconds or less) dropouts while viewing TV. Happens watching live, but the same skip is also recorded. Occassionally this happens often enough to make a program unwatchable. But usually it is more of an annoyance.

Is there a way to diagnose where these problems come from (line, gateway, DVR, network cables, ... ).

thanks,

--Sandi

Intermittent dropouts in TV

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 7:08:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/Profile, Error Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears to be any issues with your system.

Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/Profile, Error Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears to be any issues with your system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Intermittent dropouts in TV

2 of 8 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 7:00:15 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issues as the OP.  My uverse TV and internet will randomly reset or freeze at random times.  I am starting to think that I need a new "main box"

I have the same issues as the OP.  My uverse TV and internet will randomly reset or freeze at random times.  I am starting to think that I need a new "main box"

3 of 8 (395 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 7:09:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

4 of 8 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2011 7:18:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Based on the Error table, it appears that you have some issues.  If your U-verse boxes are connected by coax, please also post the Coax/HPNA tab.

Based on the Error table, it appears that you have some issues.  If your U-verse boxes are connected by coax, please also post the Coax/HPNA tab.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2011 7:06:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have been seeing periodic freezing when watching live and recorded tv programs.  Tried to watch Trackers on Starz On Demand and about 45 minutes into the movie it began freezing.  I could pause the movie for a few minutes and then it would play smoothly.  It is almost like the movie was being buffered but not fast enough to keep up with the play back.

I have been seeing periodic freezing when watching live and recorded tv programs.  Tried to watch Trackers on Starz On Demand and about 45 minutes into the movie it began freezing.  I could pause the movie for a few minutes and then it would play smoothly.  It is almost like the movie was being buffered but not fast enough to keep up with the play back.

6 of 8 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 6:48:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have had this problem since installing more than two years ago. AT&T would send an inside tech, he would make some changes, but the problem still exist. In the last month it started getting worst and I started calling every time the system went down, TV, Phone, Internet, I would insist for an outside tech, but their protocol is to send inside tech first, System just went down again as I typing this message. 5/26/2011 an outside tech spend more than 8 hours trouble shooting and making changes to the lines from my house to the distribution box down the street. Finally he found a fault in the 2 wire leads to my house. He switched me to another pair that he thought was clear. He stuck around for an hour and saw that there where no drops. He came by my house and told me he was done. Every thing was working fine and I thought my troubles were over. Boy was I wrong. During last nights HEAT-Bulls game the system failed 5 times, The steam started rolling off my head. When the system came up I went on line a requested an outside tech for today 8AM to 12PM for whom I waiting for now. What I can tell all of you is that every time you have a problem keep calling for service and insist to speak with tier two personnel, don't waist you time talking to the person who answers the phone. My RG has been replace 3 times, my DVR has been replaced with no results. Until AT&T starts looking at the delivery wire of their inferior and out dated wiring the problems will continue.

I have had this problem since installing more than two years ago. AT&T would send an inside tech, he would make some changes, but the problem still exist. In the last month it started getting worst and I started calling every time the system went down, TV, Phone, Internet, I would insist for an outside tech, but their protocol is to send inside tech first, System just went down again as I typing this message. 5/26/2011 an outside tech spend more than 8 hours trouble shooting and making changes to the lines from my house to the distribution box down the street. Finally he found a fault in the 2 wire leads to my house. He switched me to another pair that he thought was clear. He stuck around for an hour and saw that there where no drops. He came by my house and told me he was done. Every thing was working fine and I thought my troubles were over. Boy was I wrong. During last nights HEAT-Bulls game the system failed 5 times, The steam started rolling off my head. When the system came up I went on line a requested an outside tech for today 8AM to 12PM for whom I waiting for now. What I can tell all of you is that every time you have a problem keep calling for service and insist to speak with tier two personnel, don't waist you time talking to the person who answers the phone. My RG has been replace 3 times, my DVR has been replaced with no results. Until AT&T starts looking at the delivery wire of their inferior and out dated wiring the problems will continue.

7 of 8 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2011 7:45:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If your issue still hasn't been resolved contact David.  He is a tier 2 tech who has helped people with a wide variety of issues.  Click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to his contact info.  Send him an email with your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

If your issue still hasn't been resolved contact David.  He is a tier 2 tech who has helped people with a wide variety of issues.  Click on the hyper link in my sig and you will be taken to his contact info.  Send him an email with your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

8 of 8 (305 Views)