Input connection to Gateway

Contributor

Input connection to Gateway

I am getting U-verse installed on 7/10 My desktop is installed in a basement office where there is no coax cable. What will be the input cable to the gateway, which should be as close as possible to the desktop for the ethernet connection.

Will the ATT tech install a coax to that location? Do I need to prepare a coax cable to that office? Telephone lines are there.

Anybody knows?

Message 1 of 5 (426 Views)
Expert

Re: Input connection to Gateway

Your basement desktop can use Ethernet (like now?) or go Wireless (built into the UV gateway).

Existing coax will be tested for good signal, if passes, it's used; they will put new connectors on each end of coax, inside/outside, front/behind wallplates.

Coax will be connected to the UV RG (modem) for a backfeed, so there is no coax connected physically to any computer.

UV RG (modem) can be placed near any of your computers (or even with the DVR or an STB if you get the TV service).

Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

What is your current high-speed Internet setup?
Message 3 of 5 (426 Views)
Contributor

Presently I have AT&T DSL on one of my 3 phone lines and am using a 2WIRE modem/router.

My question more specifically is what signal goes into the Gateway? Copper telephone wire or coax coming from the outside?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 5 (426 Views)
ACE - Expert

It'll be a dedicated home run the installer will use existing coax cable or install cat5e (preferred) from the NID outside the house to the RG. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
YRMV IMHO Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message Edited by mibrnsurg on 06-30-2009 12:54 PM
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (426 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support