Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 27, 2010
9:04:03 AM
View profile
I need a remote w/BIG buttons for a U-Verse STB for an elderly person..

Anyone run in to an issue like this? I need to buy an aftermarket big button remote for an elderly seeing impaired person so see can use her new U-verse set top box, the buttons on the supplied remote are too small.

PLMK, thanks.

(so in essence, I need the code to program the remote to use w/u-verse, correct?)

Anyone run in to an issue like this? I need to buy an aftermarket big button remote for an elderly seeing impaired person so see can use her new U-verse set top box, the buttons on the supplied remote are too small.

PLMK, thanks.

(so in essence, I need the code to program the remote to use w/u-verse, correct?)

I need a remote w/BIG buttons for a U-Verse STB for an elderly person..

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 9:20:53 AM
(0)
Expert

Are you talking about somthing like this?

I've never used one and don't know if they have a code for Uverse, but some info here and here.  I did not see a code for Uverse, but they might have one if you contact them.

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/support.asp?pageid=16

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/tek_partner_remote.asp?PageID=14

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/big_button_remote.asp?PageID=15

Is there another brand you are looking at?

41oF8uV1QoL__SS500_.jpg     2838i48247BAC5C4662CF

Are you talking about somthing like this?

I've never used one and don't know if they have a code for Uverse, but some info here and here.  I did not see a code for Uverse, but they might have one if you contact them.

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/support.asp?pageid=16

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/tek_partner_remote.asp?PageID=14

http://www.bigbuttonremotes.com/big_button_remote.asp?PageID=15

Is there another brand you are looking at?

41oF8uV1QoL__SS500_.jpg     2838i48247BAC5C4662CF

Re: I need a remote w/BIG buttons for a U-Verse STB for an elderly person..

2 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 10:07:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I bought one of those Big Button Remotes and never could get it to work with our Uverse.  Ended up taking it back and getting a refund.

It's my understanding that the only remote that will work with Uverse is the Logitech Harmony.

I bought one of those Big Button Remotes and never could get it to work with our Uverse.  Ended up taking it back and getting a refund.

It's my understanding that the only remote that will work with Uverse is the Logitech Harmony.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 10:20:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

check out amazon - search on tv remote  - there are a bunch.

One - called flipper has a review that said it worked with u-verse.

It looks like it does not use direct channel entry. You set up a favorites list & use up/down buttons to scan those channels.

This could be advantage or disadvantage.

check out amazon - search on tv remote  - there are a bunch.

One - called flipper has a review that said it worked with u-verse.

It looks like it does not use direct channel entry. You set up a favorites list & use up/down buttons to scan those channels.

This could be advantage or disadvantage.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 12:32:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Some of the remotes will "learn" the codes from an existing remote.  You put them face to face.  Not sure if the ones Spd shows up a few posts does that though.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Some of the remotes will "learn" the codes from an existing remote.  You put them face to face.  Not sure if the ones Spd shows up a few posts does that though.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

5 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 5:10:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

Flipper Big Button remote is great - it can either work with programmed favorites, or scrolls through all the channels.   The 0-9 buttons always work whatever you input.  The lady I purchased it for doesnt call me for tTV issues anymore.   She has ATT - I think the code was 692. 

Flipper Big Button remote is great - it can either work with programmed favorites, or scrolls through all the channels.   The 0-9 buttons always work whatever you input.  The lady I purchased it for doesnt call me for tTV issues anymore.   She has ATT - I think the code was 692. 

6 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2010 6:56:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

skeeterintexas wrote:

That is not correct.See this post

skeeterintexas wrote:

That is not correct.See this post

7 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 2:33:19 AM
(0)
Expert

They have codes listed for STBs for Motorola, but didn't see anything for Cisco; but maybe OP is looking for Moto? 
She has Uverse?  Then this one might be the one.

franklin121 wrote:

They have codes listed for STBs for Motorola, but didn't see anything for Cisco; but maybe OP is looking for Moto? 
She has Uverse?  Then this one might be the one.

franklin121 wrote:

8 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2010 8:51:47 AM
(0)
Mentor

spd2demun wrote:

Not sure who "they" is, but Motorola STB codes in universal remote manuals refer to cable boxes, in particular the DCT series. They do not refer to UVerse STBs.

For UVerse STBs, Moto and Cisco use the same remotes. The code is the same for both.

spd2demun wrote:

Not sure who "they" is, but Motorola STB codes in universal remote manuals refer to cable boxes, in particular the DCT series. They do not refer to UVerse STBs.

For UVerse STBs, Moto and Cisco use the same remotes. The code is the same for both.

9 of 10 (2,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2010 1:41:04 AM
(0)
Expert

Flipper Big Button
Then that one should work.

Chuckles wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

Flipper Big Button
Then that one should work.

Chuckles wrote:

spd2demun wrote:

10 of 10 (2,306 Views)