Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 13, 2011
2:43:35 PM
View profile
I can't program black remote for LG 55LW5600 tv

I have tried all of the codes for LG tv's and HDTV's.  I have read a few options on different sites, but they only worked on the silver remote.  Can anyone help? 

Also since I am here, I have a Yamaha receiver that I know can't be programed to turn on and off since it has seperate buttons to turn in on and off.  Can I program it to control the volume?

I have tried all of the codes for LG tv's and HDTV's.  I have read a few options on different sites, but they only worked on the silver remote.  Can anyone help? 

Also since I am here, I have a Yamaha receiver that I know can't be programed to turn on and off since it has seperate buttons to turn in on and off.  Can I program it to control the volume?

I can't program black remote for LG 55LW5600 tv

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2011 5:11:43 PM
(0)
Expert

You can also try the App on your TV:
Menu > Help > System Setup > Program Your UV Remote

Take a look here for other codes that might work.

You can also try the App on your TV:
Menu > Help > System Setup > Program Your UV Remote

Take a look here for other codes that might work.

Re: I can't program black remote for LG 55LW5600 tv

2 of 7 (5,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2011 6:32:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

Hi,

I have a 5400 and a 5350 LG TV.  I found, totally by accident, while trying to enter 1005, I entered 1004 and it works like a champ on both TV's.

Hi,

I have a 5400 and a 5350 LG TV.  I found, totally by accident, while trying to enter 1005, I entered 1004 and it works like a champ on both TV's.

3 of 7 (5,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 7:12:35 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ausgewandert on May 4, 2011 at 7:17:00 PM

I believe it is important whether you do this on a black one or a silver one. I am glad I am not the only one. we have three remotes. our two silver ones work perfectly fine with all our tvs. the black one does not want to do anything according to the code list. I can't even reset the thing. I believe that this listens to a different code set or is simply not codable. We got this at an att store for a defect silver one as replacement. guess I will return this.I am trying to program it for an LG 37LCD

let me know if you got any further with yours.

I believe it is important whether you do this on a black one or a silver one. I am glad I am not the only one. we have three remotes. our two silver ones work perfectly fine with all our tvs. the black one does not want to do anything according to the code list. I can't even reset the thing. I believe that this listens to a different code set or is simply not codable. We got this at an att store for a defect silver one as replacement. guess I will return this.I am trying to program it for an LG 37LCD

let me know if you got any further with yours.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (5,376 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 7:39:58 PM
(0)
Expert

Did you try programming your remote from your TV?:  Menu --> Help --> System Set-up --> Program your U-verse Remote

Did you try programming your remote from your TV?:  Menu --> Help --> System Set-up --> Program your U-verse Remote

5 of 7 (5,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 7:55:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ausgewandert on May 4, 2011 at 8:26:00 PM

thanks, that was an eye opener. indeed there are three remotes to pick from in the setup, silver, black and black point anywhere. This box was apparently setup for the silver one. Both black and silver work on the LG 37 LCD now.

thanks again and cheers

thanks, that was an eye opener. indeed there are three remotes to pick from in the setup, silver, black and black point anywhere. This box was apparently setup for the silver one. Both black and silver work on the LG 37 LCD now.

thanks again and cheers

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (5,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 9:02:16 PM
(0)
Expert

Good deal. Glad that worked.

Good deal. Glad that worked.