How to use Time Capsule as main router instead of AT&T router

Contributor

How to use Time Capsule as main router instead of AT&T router

Here's what I'm trying to do:  I want to use my time capsule (TC) as the main router in my home so that I can then use my Airport Express (Aex) to extend my wireless network.  The Aex won't extend the AT&T router network, only another Apple device (and yes, both are n enabled).  I'm not sure how to configure my TC to run as the main router.  I've looked over this site and seen a couple descriptions of using other routers, but am confused about the instructions.  Maybe someone can clear this up specifically for a TC setup?  Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: How to use Time Capsule as main router instead of AT&T router

On both the Extreme /TC and Express under wireless mode you want to participate in a WDS network  select main for the Extreme/TC and remote for the Express also under internet connection configure IPv4 using DHCP on both and on the Extreme/TC under conection sharing select off (bridge mode).
Message Edited by oz on 07-02-2009 12:48 AM
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

No, I don't want to do a WDS network and cut down on my bandwith.  I want to use the "extend a network" option.  That's what I need help with.  Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
Master

Use extend if you are still using the wireless function of the RG use create if not so far on mine have not noticed any bandwidth limitations.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support