How to transfer recorded video from DVR to computer

Contributor

How to transfer recorded video from DVR to computer

I would like to know if there is a way to copy or transfer recorded video from the Uverse DVR to a computer. There are programs including Nero that are able to access the TIVO system and move files from the DVR to the computer but I am unaware of a means of doing this with the Uverse.

Thank you in advance.

Message Edited by reverendrichie on 01-17-2009 07:02 PM
Message 1 of 24 (56,097 Views)
Teacher

Re: How to transfer recorded video from DVR to computer

Yes it does. I record HD Channels on watch them on my SD TV all the time.

Message 16 of 24 (48,458 Views)
Teacher

Here's an idea. Just do what Tivo did. Write a service that you install on your PC that recognizes the DVR and include an app that allows you to copy files to and from the PC. How hard can that be? Everything is connected to your home network through the gateway. Encryption is NOT the problem. The service could easily run using whatever security you want. I'm sorry. This is such a "Duh!" that I can't believe AT&T hasn't done it yet. This is not a question of abilty; this is a question of will. If AT&T wanted to do this it would already be done. So, the only way we can have an impact is to innundate AT&T with requests for this very thing. Daily if necessary. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Message 17 of 24 (48,458 Views)
Contributor

Download Tivo DeskTop for PC.

How to convert TiVo recordings for burning DVD with Nero?

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Good luck

Message 18 of 24 (48,458 Views)
Expert

kate59588 wrote:

Download Tivo DeskTop for PC.

How to convert TiVo recordings for burning DVD with Nero?

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Good luck

Tivo Desktop for PC only works if you have a Tivo DVR.  It cannot be used to transfer recordings from the U-verse DVR to a PC.

Message 19 of 24 (48,458 Views)
Expert

Message 20 of 24 (48,458 Views)
Contributor

I have a Mac, there is Roxio Toast software which will let you copy a recorded program right from a Tivo to your Mac, over your network, even wirelessly if you have the Tivo wireless adapter, Is there anyway to do the same thing with Uverse?

Message 21 of 24 (47,725 Views)
Expert

I don't know of anyone who has a Mac that tried it that way.  But directly from the dvr to computer won't go without specific hardware.  And 3rd party hardware.

Message 22 of 24 (47,725 Views)
Contributor

I HAVE A MAC, AND THE TIVO TRANSFER PROGRAM, AND CAN CONFIRM THAT IT DOESN'T WORK WITH UVERSE, ROXIO WORKED WITH TIVO TO CREATE THIS PROGRAM, THAT'S ANOTHER REASON THAT TIVO IS FAR SUPERIOR TO UVERSE, THEY ALL THINK THEY ARE AS GOOD AS TIVO, THEY AREN'T.

AT&T NEEDS TO PARTNER WITH ROXIO (SONIC SOLUTIONS) AND MAKE AN APP THAT WORKS ON BOTH MAC AND PC.

Message 23 of 24 (47,725 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

They do? :smileysurprised:

Message 24 of 24 (47,725 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support