Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 27, 2010
5:58:58 PM
How many HD feeds should I receive?

I have a dual tuner HD-DVR that can record two shows at once. I also have a non-DVR receiver that we have had, but just recently hooked it up. If the DVR has a dual tuner, shouldn't I be able to record two shows on the DVR and watch a different show on the non-DVR?

I have a dual tuner HD-DVR that can record two shows at once. I also have a non-DVR receiver that we have had, but just recently hooked it up. If the DVR has a dual tuner, shouldn't I be able to record two shows on the DVR and watch a different show on the non-DVR?

How many HD feeds should I receive?

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:04:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The U-verse DVR's does not tuners.  All U-verse DVR's can record 4 programs at the same time.  How many of those streams are HD depends on your profile.  Check your video pofile as follows using the remote:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

What is your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

The U-verse DVR's does not tuners.  All U-verse DVR's can record 4 programs at the same time.  How many of those streams are HD depends on your profile.  Check your video pofile as follows using the remote:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

What is your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How many HD feeds should I receive?

2 of 21 (1,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:10:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

2SD/2HD for both...

How do I get that changed?

2SD/2HD for both...

How do I get that changed?

3 of 21 (1,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:23:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD means that you can record/watch up to 2 HD channels at the same time.  You also have 2 other streams that can be used to record/watch 2 other SD channels.

Which line profile do you have 32/5, 25/2 or 19/2?  You can download SomeJoe's tool at the link below and post screenshots of the IP/Profile and Bitloading tabs here.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/download.aspx

The WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD means that you can record/watch up to 2 HD channels at the same time.  You also have 2 other streams that can be used to record/watch 2 other SD channels.

Which line profile do you have 32/5, 25/2 or 19/2?  You can download SomeJoe's tool at the link below and post screenshots of the IP/Profile and Bitloading tabs here.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/download.aspx

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 21 (1,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:46:15 PM
(0)
Tutor
Where do I find that info on SomeJoes?
Where do I find that info on SomeJoes?

5 of 21 (1,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:48:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You need to download the app from the link, and install it on your PC.  When you run the app, you will see the info.

You need to download the app from the link, and install it on your PC.  When you run the app, you will see the info.

6 of 21 (1,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:50:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can my streams not be increased? I'd rather have 3HD and no SD...

Can my streams not be increased? I'd rather have 3HD and no SD...

7 of 21 (1,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:52:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did install it, but I do not see that info you requested...

I did install it, but I do not see that info you requested...

8 of 21 (1,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:52:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Possibly, but we need to see the info on your line profile.

Possibly, but we need to see the info on your line profile.

9 of 21 (1,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:54:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When you launch the app, do you see the tabs? (i.e. IP/Profile, Interfaces, Bitloading, etc)

When you launch the app, do you see the tabs? (i.e. IP/Profile, Interfaces, Bitloading, etc)

10 of 21 (1,737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 6:55:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

IP/Profile

Bitloading

IP/Profile

Bitloading

11 of 21 (1,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:00:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I see, that you are FTTP and not FTTN!  FTTP use a different method to connect than FTTN, thus you do not have the same type of line profile as a FTTN customer.

Most FTTP customers are still limited to the WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD.  Some have recently reported that this has changed in their area.  You might call Technical Support to see if the 2 HD or 4 HD is available for you in your area.

I see, that you are FTTP and not FTTN!  FTTP use a different method to connect than FTTN, thus you do not have the same type of line profile as a FTTN customer.

Most FTTP customers are still limited to the WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD.  Some have recently reported that this has changed in their area.  You might call Technical Support to see if the 2 HD or 4 HD is available for you in your area.

12 of 21 (1,440 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:01:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

What's the difference between FTTP and FTTN?

What's the difference between FTTP and FTTN?

13 of 21 (1,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:06:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:06:53 PM

FTTP = Fiber to the Premises

FTTN = Fiber to the Node

The vast majority of U-verse customers are FTTN.  Fiber is run to the neighborhood VRAD, and the connection to the residence is copper phone wire from the VRAD using VDSL2.

FTTP customers have fiber that runs all the way to the residence.

FTTP = Fiber to the Premises

FTTN = Fiber to the Node

The vast majority of U-verse customers are FTTN.  Fiber is run to the neighborhood VRAD, and the connection to the residence is copper phone wire from the VRAD using VDSL2.

FTTP customers have fiber that runs all the way to the residence.

[ Edited ]
14 of 21 (1,433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:10:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:13:59 PM

the apartment I live in is FTTP.  The fiber is actually terminated in my spare bedroom closet, from there it's a coax feed to each of the active outlets.

I'm on a 3/1 profile.  Haven't called to ask about upgrading to 4/1 nor have I rebooted my DVR in a while to see if it would change it.  I know when I rebooted it last month it went from 2/2 to 3/1.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

the apartment I live in is FTTP.  The fiber is actually terminated in my spare bedroom closet, from there it's a coax feed to each of the active outlets.

I'm on a 3/1 profile.  Haven't called to ask about upgrading to 4/1 nor have I rebooted my DVR in a while to see if it would change it.  I know when I rebooted it last month it went from 2/2 to 3/1.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

[ Edited ]
15 of 21 (1,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:12:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Seems like FTTP would be better... Is it not?

Seems like FTTP would be better... Is it not?

16 of 21 (1,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:18:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Faster speeds can be achieved with a FTTP connect; however, AT&T maintains the same profiles for both FTTP and FTTN.  Thus, with U-verse there is not much of an advantage of being FTTP vs. FTTN.

Faster speeds can be achieved with a FTTP connect; however, AT&T maintains the same profiles for both FTTP and FTTN.  Thus, with U-verse there is not much of an advantage of being FTTP vs. FTTN.

17 of 21 (1,409 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:21:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, they were able to change me to 1SD/3HD. I'm happy...

Well, they were able to change me to 1SD/3HD. I'm happy...

18 of 21 (1,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:22:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good deal!

Good deal!

19 of 21 (1,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:26:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

20 of 21 (1,395 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 7:27:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yw!

yw!

21 of 21 (924 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments