How many HD feeds should I receive?

How many HD feeds should I receive?

I have a dual tuner HD-DVR that can record two shows at once. I also have a non-DVR receiver that we have had, but just recently hooked it up. If the DVR has a dual tuner, shouldn't I be able to record two shows on the DVR and watch a different show on the non-DVR?

Message 1 of 21 (2,106 Views)
Expert

Re: How many HD feeds should I receive?

The U-verse DVR's does not tuners.  All U-verse DVR's can record 4 programs at the same time.  How many of those streams are HD depends on your profile.  Check your video pofile as follows using the remote:

Menu --> Options --> System Options --> System information --> System resources

What is your WAN Profile and Ingress Profile?

Message 2 of 21 (2,097 Views)

2SD/2HD for both...

How do I get that changed?

Message 3 of 21 (2,086 Views)
Expert

The WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD means that you can record/watch up to 2 HD channels at the same time.  You also have 2 other streams that can be used to record/watch 2 other SD channels.

Which line profile do you have 32/5, 25/2 or 19/2?  You can download SomeJoe's tool at the link below and post screenshots of the IP/Profile and Bitloading tabs here.

http://www.uverserealtime.com/download.aspx

Message 4 of 21 (2,073 Views)

Where do I find that info on SomeJoes?
Message 5 of 21 (2,062 Views)
Expert

You need to download the app from the link, and install it on your PC.  When you run the app, you will see the info.

Message 6 of 21 (2,058 Views)

Can my streams not be increased? I'd rather have 3HD and no SD...

Message 7 of 21 (2,057 Views)

I did install it, but I do not see that info you requested...

Message 8 of 21 (2,051 Views)
Expert

Possibly, but we need to see the info on your line profile.

Message 9 of 21 (2,050 Views)
Expert

When you launch the app, do you see the tabs? (i.e. IP/Profile, Interfaces, Bitloading, etc)

Message 10 of 21 (2,044 Views)

IP/Profile

Bitloading

Message 11 of 21 (1,753 Views)
Expert

I see, that you are FTTP and not FTTN!  FTTP use a different method to connect than FTTN, thus you do not have the same type of line profile as a FTTN customer.

Most FTTP customers are still limited to the WAN Profile and Ingress Profile of 2 SD/2 HD.  Some have recently reported that this has changed in their area.  You might call Technical Support to see if the 2 HD or 4 HD is available for you in your area.

Message 12 of 21 (1,747 Views)
Highlighted

What's the difference between FTTP and FTTN?

Message 13 of 21 (1,745 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

FTTP = Fiber to the Premises

FTTN = Fiber to the Node

The vast majority of U-verse customers are FTTN.  Fiber is run to the neighborhood VRAD, and the connection to the residence is copper phone wire from the VRAD using VDSL2.

FTTP customers have fiber that runs all the way to the residence.

Message 14 of 21 (1,740 Views)

[ Edited ]

the apartment I live in is FTTP.  The fiber is actually terminated in my spare bedroom closet, from there it's a coax feed to each of the active outlets.

I'm on a 3/1 profile.  Haven't called to ask about upgrading to 4/1 nor have I rebooted my DVR in a while to see if it would change it.  I know when I rebooted it last month it went from 2/2 to 3/1.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 15 of 21 (1,733 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.