How far from the VRAD?

How far from the VRAD?

Hi,

I am getting the system installed on Friday & was wondering if there is a way to determine how far I am from the VRAD &/or if fiber comes into my street.

I can see the boxes from the house but the way the streets are laid out its a good distance to actually get to them.

Thanks
Message 1 of 36
Employee

Re: How far from the VRAD?

tombea wrote:

Just exactly what is a VRAD? I did a search and came up with a stock quote of  a company. I assume that if you aren't within a certain distance of a VRAD your service will not be satisfactory. How can I tell how far away it is from my house?

Thnaks,

Tom

VRAD  video-ready access device

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 31 of 36
Master

tombea
Contributor

tombea

Message 21 of 31

Viewed 3,001 times

Just exactly what is a VRAD? I did a search and came up with a stock quote of  a company. I assume that if you aren't within a certain distance of a VRAD your service will not be satisfactory. How can I tell how far away it is from my house?

Thnaks,

Tom

02-01-2009 09:01 PM

:smileywink:  :smileyvery-happy:

Uniblurb3

If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.

Need help? Contact AT&T at 800-288-2020.
Message 32 of 36
Contributor

When are more VRADs planned for Honeycutt area in North Raleigh?  We are just beyond the reach from the Honeycutt/Possum Track VRAD... 

Message 33 of 36
ACE - Expert

Probably none considering that pair bonding is coming soon and they are going to wait to see how much that adds to the distance covered from current VRADS.  Then they can determine what, if anything, they will add; more VRADS or mini-VRADS or extenders. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 36
Contributor

Your maximum distance from the vrad is dependent on the gauge, and type of cable that is in your neighborhood.  The signal cannot be pushed as far on aerial (on telephone poles) cable.  Gauges range from 19-26 in most areas, but the majority have 24-26 gauge cable.  Thicker cable=more distance.  Some cable is shielded with plastic, some with paper.  Plastic is preferred.  There is still lead cable in some older neighborhoods.

Message 35 of 36
Highlighted
Employee

The housing in that area is pretty spread out with really large lots.  The pair bond will only add about 2000 more feet. If you are in one of the subdivisions you will have a better chance. Most of the decisions for placement is the number of possible customers served. They will add the vrad if they can serve 100 to 200 possible customers before placing one that can only serve 25.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 36 of 36
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support