How far from the VRAD?

How far from the VRAD?

Hi,

I am getting the system installed on Friday & was wondering if there is a way to determine how far I am from the VRAD &/or if fiber comes into my street.

I can see the boxes from the house but the way the streets are laid out its a good distance to actually get to them.

Thanks
Message 1 of 36

Re: How far from the VRAD?

Follow up:  Vizio is now connected by HDMI.  I did the both units on then pluged in the cable & it worked right away.

It all looks good so far & thanks to all who helped me out.

Message 16 of 36
Master

BEAR-avHISTORY wrote:

Follow up:  Vizio is now connected by HDMI.  I did the both units on then pluged in the cable & it worked right away.

It all looks good so far & thanks to all who helped me out.

fwiw  5.1  is only sent by  optical    hdmi passes 2.0  sound

randy

Message 17 of 36

My receivers can take separate video & audio feeds for any output to the TV & speaker system.   Have HDMI running the picture to the TV & optical cable doing the sound system.  Cuts down on a bunch of heavy wire.

Message Edited by BEAR-avHISTORY on 01-31-2009 05:13 PM
Message 18 of 36
Scholar

The answer to this question is technically 3500 ft. from the vrad. That is what the technical specs call for on the uverse limits, however that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions in certain cases....
Message 19 of 36
Master

themood12 wrote:
The answer to this question is technically 3500 ft. from the vrad. That is what the technical specs call for on the uverse limits, however that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions in certain cases....

Dont  forget the part about the guage of the wire !!!!
Message 20 of 36
Mentor

Just exactly what is a VRAD? I did a search and came up with a stock quote of  a company. I assume that if you aren't within a certain distance of a VRAD your service will not be satisfactory. How can I tell how far away it is from my house?

Thnaks,

Tom

Message 21 of 36
Expert

tombea wrote:

Just exactly what is a VRAD? I did a search and came up with a stock quote of  a company. I assume that if you aren't within a certain distance of a VRAD your service will not be satisfactory. How can I tell how far away it is from my house?

Thnaks,

Tom

The maximum distance you can be from a VRAD is 3500 feet to get service.  The tech would be able to tell you when he/she comes to your home.  The closer you are to the vrad the more likely you will be able to get the higher profile which would enable you to get 2hd streams and 2sd streams.  Instead of 1hd stream and 3 sd streams.

Message 22 of 36
Highlighted
Master

Tags (2)
Message 23 of 36
Mentor

Thanks folks, I know right where it is in my neighborhood. The distance will be really close.
Message 24 of 36
Mentor

Again, thanks. I measured the distance and it is seven-tenths of a mile. This would be roughly 3700 feet. Since I would be on the fringe, if available at all, I will wait to see if AT&T can overcome this limitation with technology. As it stands now I have good reception with cable and my DSL is the best.

Tom

Message 25 of 36
Expert

Thanks Randyl, I couldn't find a picture of one.

Message 26 of 36
Tutor

JJNC,

Where in North Raleigh are? {Personal content removed for your safety} The ATT U Verse site says U verse is not available for us.

Cheers,

Ian

Message Edited by IanSee on 03-14-2009 02:47 PM
Tags (2)
Message 27 of 36
Expert

If it is not available just keep calling to check.  Also, ATT will announce here in the forum when it is launched in that area.
Message 28 of 36

I am off Honeycutt at the Possum Track end & have had the service for a month or so
Message 29 of 36
Contributor

I'm the oddball that is exactly 3,720 feet from the VRAD and still have service. It's the 19/2 profile for 1 HD / 3 SD, and 12Mbs internet. My actual internet speed varies from 7-10.5Mbs.

Message 30 of 36
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support