Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 22, 2010
7:45:21 PM
View profile
How do I watch show recorded to my old DVR after a move

I have moved and my last home have uverse dvr.  My new home also does, but it is a new account since it had been in a roommates name.  Can I watch the shows that were on the old DVR box.  How do I do it if I can?  Which box do I hook up where?  I need very specific details. 

I have moved and my last home have uverse dvr.  My new home also does, but it is a new account since it had been in a roommates name.  Can I watch the shows that were on the old DVR box.  How do I do it if I can?  Which box do I hook up where?  I need very specific details. 

How do I watch show recorded to my old DVR after a move

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2010 11:42:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

nope you can't

nope you can't

Re: How do I watch show recorded to my old DVR after a move

2 of 4 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 4:07:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Each box (DVR) is provisioned to a physical address.  Once that box is removed from said address, it will not work at any other address or on any other account. 

This is the reason you can't move a box to another residence and/or a box bought from ebay or craigslist will not work.

Each box (DVR) is provisioned to a physical address.  Once that box is removed from said address, it will not work at any other address or on any other account. 

This is the reason you can't move a box to another residence and/or a box bought from ebay or craigslist will not work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 2:59:03 PM
(0)
Expert

Call cs and see if you can get them to provision it?  They will probably say no but they might say yes.  Just a thought.

Call cs and see if you can get them to provision it?  They will probably say no but they might say yes.  Just a thought.

4 of 4 (731 Views)