Posted Sep 5, 2010
7:58:49 PM
How do AT&T get away with breaking advertising laws.

AT&T have a web site http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse which portrays to provide access to many videos of TV and movies.  We are new AT&T U-verse customers who signed up believing that.  However, the AT&T on-line chat support (NOVA SHIELA) and a human being at 1-800-288-2020 have both confirmed that this is a false gimick for customers within the USA.

Every single video on-line is described as being "Unavailable for your region" - and both support personnel confessed that nore are actually available.  As this was one of the primary distinguishing factors for us to choose AT&T over other alternatives, we feel more than cheated, by their specific promise. I feel like they should be made to shut down their fake web site.  It even has a watch now button on an allegedly featured item (currently the Royal Pains TV series).  As I bought the overall product being told specifcially thah that was an available feature, I know I'll have no trouble getting my money back, but how can they advertise this blatant falsehood.

I don't want other people to go through the trouble of signing up for service with an allegedly prominent feature that doesn't exist.

DO NOT believe AT&T's advertisements for streaming video available over the Internet.  It is NOT true.

AT&T have a web site http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse which portrays to provide access to many videos of TV and movies.  We are new AT&T U-verse customers who signed up believing that.  However, the AT&T on-line chat support (NOVA SHIELA) and a human being at 1-800-288-2020 have both confirmed that this is a false gimick for customers within the USA.

Every single video on-line is described as being "Unavailable for your region" - and both support personnel confessed that nore are actually available.  As this was one of the primary distinguishing factors for us to choose AT&T over other alternatives, we feel more than cheated, by their specific promise. I feel like they should be made to shut down their fake web site.  It even has a watch now button on an allegedly featured item (currently the Royal Pains TV series).  As I bought the overall product being told specifcially thah that was an available feature, I know I'll have no trouble getting my money back, but how can they advertise this blatant falsehood.

I don't want other people to go through the trouble of signing up for service with an allegedly prominent feature that doesn't exist.

DO NOT believe AT&T's advertisements for streaming video available over the Internet.  It is NOT true.

How do AT&T get away with breaking advertising laws.

57 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(57)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 8:30:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I don't know the source of your information, but it is absolutely incorrect.  I have no problem accessing or watching videos on the uverseonline site.

I don't know the source of your information, but it is absolutely incorrect.  I have no problem accessing or watching videos on the uverseonline site.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do AT&T get away with breaking advertising laws.

2 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 9:08:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

No false advertising that I can see.  I can  pull up and watch everything on the web site, including Royal Pains.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

No false advertising that I can see.  I can  pull up and watch everything on the web site, including Royal Pains.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 10:26:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

All I had to do is search TV by network, pick USA and click on Royal Pains.  Of course the 2 ads would not play as I have them blocked, but the timeline for both ticked off (w/them scolding me for blocking the ads and asking me to help get the ads playing, yeah right) then Royal Pains started. :smileyvery-happy:

Edit:  Also Uverse online is a public site for any user, not just Uverse users.  Of course it's also the new web remote access, under My Uverse> TV Listings.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

All I had to do is search TV by network, pick USA and click on Royal Pains.  Of course the 2 ads would not play as I have them blocked, but the timeline for both ticked off (w/them scolding me for blocking the ads and asking me to help get the ads playing, yeah right) then Royal Pains started. :smileyvery-happy:

Edit:  Also Uverse online is a public site for any user, not just Uverse users.  Of course it's also the new web remote access, under My Uverse> TV Listings.

Chris

4 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2010 11:42:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm not sure what your motivation is but your post is full of untruths.  I have accessed the web site many times and have never had a problem playing the videos and movies.

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." ........Stephen Hawking

I'm not sure what your motivation is but your post is full of untruths.  I have accessed the web site many times and have never had a problem playing the videos and movies.

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." ........Stephen Hawking

5 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:23:26 AM
(0)
Teacher

I too cannot watch a thing using this website.  "The requested video cannot be displayed in your region"

I too cannot watch a thing using this website.  "The requested video cannot be displayed in your region"

6 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:25:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

The source of my information is (a) it doesn't work - every video states "Not available in your region". (b) On online chat support person for AT&T named NOVA SHEILA went through twenty minutes of assisting me - and then confessed - I have it in writing from the chat window - that no video clips were available online yet.  I couldn't believe it myself, so I called 1-800-288-2020 and navigated to a real but un-named person who confirmed that video clips were not available "at this time".

So you are telling me tghat it does work for some people - but two support personnel would rather tell me that it is a promise for a future capability, than to get it to work for me? I have tried three computers - two browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox), and three Operating Systems (XP-SP2, Vista, WIndows 7).  I am now very puzzled as two independent support personnel told me that this feature was not really available.

I was promised this feature and don't have it. AT&T support cannot help. That is nearly as bad as I originally thought, and was certainly false advertising specifically to me. It does not work. Support cannot or will not enable it.

The source of my information is (a) it doesn't work - every video states "Not available in your region". (b) On online chat support person for AT&T named NOVA SHEILA went through twenty minutes of assisting me - and then confessed - I have it in writing from the chat window - that no video clips were available online yet.  I couldn't believe it myself, so I called 1-800-288-2020 and navigated to a real but un-named person who confirmed that video clips were not available "at this time".

So you are telling me tghat it does work for some people - but two support personnel would rather tell me that it is a promise for a future capability, than to get it to work for me? I have tried three computers - two browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox), and three Operating Systems (XP-SP2, Vista, WIndows 7).  I am now very puzzled as two independent support personnel told me that this feature was not really available.

I was promised this feature and don't have it. AT&T support cannot help. That is nearly as bad as I originally thought, and was certainly false advertising specifically to me. It does not work. Support cannot or will not enable it.

7 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 11:38:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It works. I have and continue to play many videos on that site.

It works. I have and continue to play many videos on that site.

8 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 12:01:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hi Chris...can you tell me how you bocked the ads?  Would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

Hi Chris...can you tell me how you bocked the ads?  Would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

9 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 12:49:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

perritterd wrote:

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I also block ADs using a HOST file.

Here is the website, and they update the HOSTS file about every 30 days.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

perritterd wrote:

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

I also block ADs using a HOST file.

Here is the website, and they update the HOSTS file about every 30 days.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

10 of 58 (2,145 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 2:54:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

perritterd wrote:

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The same MVPS.org Hosts file  http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Have been using it for 7-8 years and love it, it gets upgraded every couple months (June, then August recently) as more bad things are added. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

perritterd wrote:

Thanks,

Bob.

mibrnsurg wrote:

Chris

The same MVPS.org Hosts file  http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Have been using it for 7-8 years and love it, it gets upgraded every couple months (June, then August recently) as more bad things are added. :smileyvery-happy:

Chris

11 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 4:00:49 PM
(0)
Expert

-Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (or higher), Microsoft Windows Vista, or Mac OS X

-Internet Explorer 6 (or higher), Firefox 2 (or higher), Safari 3 (or higher)
-Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115 (or higher) download
-Javascript and cookies also need to be enabled

-Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (or higher), Microsoft Windows Vista, or Mac OS X

-Internet Explorer 6 (or higher), Firefox 2 (or higher), Safari 3 (or higher)
-Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115 (or higher) download
-Javascript and cookies also need to be enabled

12 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:01:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

My motivation has no untruths. Somebody else has posted the same identical problem on this thread. My motivation is that I would like it to work. It doesn't work at all in my case, despite several hours of support interaction . Support have told me that it is for future use, although some posters (in other geographical areas?) can apparently access video clips.  I am just very surprised that they can sell me the service saying it works, and it doesn't work (and cannot be made to work via Support) in my region. My region isn't too remote. It is California: the most populous state in the home country of AT&T.

My motivation has no untruths. Somebody else has posted the same identical problem on this thread. My motivation is that I would like it to work. It doesn't work at all in my case, despite several hours of support interaction . Support have told me that it is for future use, although some posters (in other geographical areas?) can apparently access video clips.  I am just very surprised that they can sell me the service saying it works, and it doesn't work (and cannot be made to work via Support) in my region. My region isn't too remote. It is California: the most populous state in the home country of AT&T.

13 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:06:34 PM
(0)
Expert

But did you check all those items in my previous post?

Everything enabled as listed?

But did you check all those items in my previous post?

Everything enabled as listed?

14 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:07:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you. Other posters are saying that I am untruthful - when you and I know it is AT&T. Perhaps I should capture the screen and send it to the disbielieving posters. Your wording is the same as mine: "...cannot be displayed in your region". My region is California, USA.

Thank you. Other posters are saying that I am untruthful - when you and I know it is AT&T. Perhaps I should capture the screen and send it to the disbielieving posters. Your wording is the same as mine: "...cannot be displayed in your region". My region is California, USA.

15 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:16:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have Windows 7 on "my" computer. Apart from that, all is as you listed. In case my O/S is too new, I went back to an old XP-SP3 computer, and have tried both Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.13 and Firefox Version 3.6.8. I have cleared history and cache. I have enabled just about everything, and it still doesn't work. Besides which two AT&T Support personnel have assured me it is not going to work in my region (California, USA).

I have Windows 7 on "my" computer. Apart from that, all is as you listed. In case my O/S is too new, I went back to an old XP-SP3 computer, and have tried both Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.13 and Firefox Version 3.6.8. I have cleared history and cache. I have enabled just about everything, and it still doesn't work. Besides which two AT&T Support personnel have assured me it is not going to work in my region (California, USA).

16 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:22:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

It is not specifically "Adobe Flash Player", but "Shockwave Flash Player (Version 10.1.82.76 on the old XP-SP3 computer in Firefox)  (Version 10.0.32.18 on the new Windows 7 computer in IE). That's the same-ish Adobe product, right?

It is not specifically "Adobe Flash Player", but "Shockwave Flash Player (Version 10.1.82.76 on the old XP-SP3 computer in Firefox)  (Version 10.0.32.18 on the new Windows 7 computer in IE). That's the same-ish Adobe product, right?

17 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 5:24:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are there any customers in California who are able to access the videos on uverseonline.com, or are you receiving similar messages as those posted by the OP?

Are there any customers in California who are able to access the videos on uverseonline.com, or are you receiving similar messages as those posted by the OP?

18 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 7:37:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

chrisbenson56 wrote:

They are 2 separate programs. Flash and Shockwave and work somewhat differently.  One can not substitute for the other one. :smileywink:

http://www.adobe.com/

Edit:  Also I've been able to connect on XP sp3 and Win 7 w/only the ads not playing, but then the program plays.

Chris

chrisbenson56 wrote:

They are 2 separate programs. Flash and Shockwave and work somewhat differently.  One can not substitute for the other one. :smileywink:

http://www.adobe.com/

Edit:  Also I've been able to connect on XP sp3 and Win 7 w/only the ads not playing, but then the program plays.

Chris

19 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 7:47:07 PM
(0)
Explorer

I'm in So. Cal. and it works fine for me.

I'm in So. Cal. and it works fine for me.

20 of 58 (1,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 8:09:20 PM
(0)
Expert

chrisbenson56 wrote:

No one here is saying that you're untruthful and no one disbelieves you.  I'm quite certain you're unable to play these videos, and that you're getting the message "Cannot be displayed in your region".

The issue here though, is that most of us dispute your conclusion of why.  You're claiming that you're being purposefully denied these videos through a conspiracy by AT&T.  That's not true.  The true problem of why you aren't able to play these videos is unknown right now.

I just logged in and can play them just fine.  Others here have played them successfully as well.  There is a poster above this one who can play them and is in southern California, so it apparently is not a regional problem.

Obviously, technical support that you spoke with had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.  They probably didn't even realize what web site you were actually on.  It's unacceptable that they just made something up to get you off the phone, but that's what they did.  "The web site is just a showpiece" is a ridiculous, lame excuse for them being unable to tell you the real reason.

We will try to help you here if you want, but no one is going to be motivated to help you if you continue with this accusation that you're being systematically lied to.

chrisbenson56 wrote:

No one here is saying that you're untruthful and no one disbelieves you.  I'm quite certain you're unable to play these videos, and that you're getting the message "Cannot be displayed in your region".

The issue here though, is that most of us dispute your conclusion of why.  You're claiming that you're being purposefully denied these videos through a conspiracy by AT&T.  That's not true.  The true problem of why you aren't able to play these videos is unknown right now.

I just logged in and can play them just fine.  Others here have played them successfully as well.  There is a poster above this one who can play them and is in southern California, so it apparently is not a regional problem.

Obviously, technical support that you spoke with had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.  They probably didn't even realize what web site you were actually on.  It's unacceptable that they just made something up to get you off the phone, but that's what they did.  "The web site is just a showpiece" is a ridiculous, lame excuse for them being unable to tell you the real reason.

We will try to help you here if you want, but no one is going to be motivated to help you if you continue with this accusation that you're being systematically lied to.

21 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 8:14:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

chrisbenson56 wrote:

However, the AT&T on-line chat support (NOVA SHIELA) and a human being at 1-800-288-2020 have both confirmed that this is a false gimick for customers within the USA.

Yeah, I call Shenannigans on this post.

The poster is obviously ESL and most likely something is being lost in the translation from what he thinks he's reading to what is actually being stated.

My reccomendation is to find a friend who is (a) educated and (b) a native English speaker and ask them to help you with this..

chrisbenson56 wrote:

However, the AT&T on-line chat support (NOVA SHIELA) and a human being at 1-800-288-2020 have both confirmed that this is a false gimick for customers within the USA.

Yeah, I call Shenannigans on this post.

The poster is obviously ESL and most likely something is being lost in the translation from what he thinks he's reading to what is actually being stated.

My reccomendation is to find a friend who is (a) educated and (b) a native English speaker and ask them to help you with this..

22 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:04:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you SomeJoe777 - I would like help, and believed the two separate AT&T support personnel, who [eventually] said the same thing.  My original post was a result of their admission and my experience - not as a result of hearing that some other people have successfully seen these video clips. Please note however, that a poster to this thread did indeed say I was "untruthful" about not being able to play them, and please also note that another poster to this thread has the same problem as me with the same exact on-screen message. I captured the "no video for you" message as a .PNG file and a .JPG file, if there is a way I can upload them. I am about to replace the Adobe systems Shockwave Flash player plug-in with an Adobe systems [not-Shockwave] Flash player plug-in.  Someone suggested that this was my problem.  I have [Shockwave] Flash - I should have [non-Shockwave] Flash - both from Adobe.

Thank you SomeJoe777 - I would like help, and believed the two separate AT&T support personnel, who [eventually] said the same thing.  My original post was a result of their admission and my experience - not as a result of hearing that some other people have successfully seen these video clips. Please note however, that a poster to this thread did indeed say I was "untruthful" about not being able to play them, and please also note that another poster to this thread has the same problem as me with the same exact on-screen message. I captured the "no video for you" message as a .PNG file and a .JPG file, if there is a way I can upload them. I am about to replace the Adobe systems Shockwave Flash player plug-in with an Adobe systems [not-Shockwave] Flash player plug-in.  Someone suggested that this was my problem.  I have [Shockwave] Flash - I should have [non-Shockwave] Flash - both from Adobe.

23 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:12:28 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hmmm. I learned my English in England - where I was born (perhaps 100 generations there as I am Celtic). My education stopped abruptly - cut short at a Ph.D. from Manchester University in 1980. What more English or education do I need to talk to AT&T (my former employer)?

My on-line session support was on the lines of: if you go to this web-site: http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/tv or this one http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/movies and click on any video clip, a message comes up saying "The requested video cannot be played in your region".  I don't think anything was lost in translation - my 28 years in the USA have perhaps modified my British English to Transatlantic bilingual.  Thanks Vexile for the education suggestion, though.

Hmmm. I learned my English in England - where I was born (perhaps 100 generations there as I am Celtic). My education stopped abruptly - cut short at a Ph.D. from Manchester University in 1980. What more English or education do I need to talk to AT&T (my former employer)?

My on-line session support was on the lines of: if you go to this web-site: http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/tv or this one http://uverseonline.att.net/uv/movies and click on any video clip, a message comes up saying "The requested video cannot be played in your region".  I don't think anything was lost in translation - my 28 years in the USA have perhaps modified my British English to Transatlantic bilingual.  Thanks Vexile for the education suggestion, though.

24 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:23:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

My best guess: you've setup a proxy connection (perhaps to watch bbc iplayer?) that reports you are "from" the UK - which would make bbc iplayer work, but break the u-verse online viewing website (which almost certainly requires that you be "from" the US) ... I actually use proxies to watch BBC rugby clips, but I switch back and forth (only enabling the proxy when needed).

Edit: also, I am from socal as well, and the uverse video webpage you are having problems with works fine for me.

My best guess: you've setup a proxy connection (perhaps to watch bbc iplayer?) that reports you are "from" the UK - which would make bbc iplayer work, but break the u-verse online viewing website (which almost certainly requires that you be "from" the US) ... I actually use proxies to watch BBC rugby clips, but I switch back and forth (only enabling the proxy when needed).

Edit: also, I am from socal as well, and the uverse video webpage you are having problems with works fine for me.

25 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 10:39:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

mhetterm - thanks for the suggestion of a possibility, but it wasn't so. This problem includes attempted access from one brand new pristine computer - no proxies ever configured. I haven't actually used BBC iPlayer.  By the way, I reside in Northern California - another poster was in Socal. I don't think it is anything but the AT&T U-verse site, because I have no trouble viewing clips on hulu and similar sites. I was literally sold the product on AT&T U-verse customer content only, and was originally told (two AT&T support sources) that the product was not actually available yet.

mhetterm - thanks for the suggestion of a possibility, but it wasn't so. This problem includes attempted access from one brand new pristine computer - no proxies ever configured. I haven't actually used BBC iPlayer.  By the way, I reside in Northern California - another poster was in Socal. I don't think it is anything but the AT&T U-verse site, because I have no trouble viewing clips on hulu and similar sites. I was literally sold the product on AT&T U-verse customer content only, and was originally told (two AT&T support sources) that the product was not actually available yet.

26 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 11:04:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have tried Windows XP, Vista Premium 32bit, and Fedora 13 without success. I do not use proxy servers. I wonder if it is my public IP. A family member of mine has Uverse. I will try it at her location sometime soon.

I live in Dolton IL

I have tried Windows XP, Vista Premium 32bit, and Fedora 13 without success. I do not use proxy servers. I wonder if it is my public IP. A family member of mine has Uverse. I will try it at her location sometime soon.

I live in Dolton IL

27 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2010 11:09:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hmmm, well, worth a thought.

I will try it from work tomorrow - not sure if the service is tied to IP addresses or the user account you login to their page with.

BTW, in my experience, there is not much on there that isn't on hulu ...

Edit: just tried it via safari (which I have never logged in to an att site with) and it worked, so it must be tied to IP address. My new best guess is that for some reason AT&T is not recognizing your IP address as an AT&T/U-verse address.

Hmmm, well, worth a thought.

I will try it from work tomorrow - not sure if the service is tied to IP addresses or the user account you login to their page with.

BTW, in my experience, there is not much on there that isn't on hulu ...

Edit: just tried it via safari (which I have never logged in to an att site with) and it worked, so it must be tied to IP address. My new best guess is that for some reason AT&T is not recognizing your IP address as an AT&T/U-verse address.

28 of 58 (1,829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 2:11:26 AM
(0)
Expert

Let us know what you find out!

Maybe a bit closer to fixing the issue for the OP. :smileywink:

Let us know what you find out!

Maybe a bit closer to fixing the issue for the OP. :smileywink:

29 of 58 (1,830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2010 6:21:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

OP, I have tried your links and they work here (in upstate South Carolina).  For grins and giggles, try visiting this web site:

http://www.ip2location.com/

I get a block showing where it thinks I am, including City/State, Lattitude/Logitude.

This may or may not have anything to do with any database that AT&T uses, but it may be enlightening.

OP, I have tried your links and they work here (in upstate South Carolina).  For grins and giggles, try visiting this web site:

http://www.ip2location.com/

I get a block showing where it thinks I am, including City/State, Lattitude/Logitude.

This may or may not have anything to do with any database that AT&T uses, but it may be enlightening.

30 of 58 (1,830 Views)