Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2009
9:03:37 AM
View profile
How can I selectively disable a wireless device?

I have the 3800HGV-B RG and there are times in the late evening when I want to selectively disable one particular wireless device. The system software seems to allow only DISABLE or ENABLE "all" wireless devices.

Obviously there is a teenager in the house and without Internet access at night, he might actually get some sleep.

Any ideas how this can be done short of using the 2x4 approach?

I have the 3800HGV-B RG and there are times in the late evening when I want to selectively disable one particular wireless device. The system software seems to allow only DISABLE or ENABLE "all" wireless devices.

Obviously there is a teenager in the house and without Internet access at night, he might actually get some sleep.

How can I selectively disable a wireless device?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2009 11:21:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
I use a linksys router this is the only way to do it. Use a 3rd party router behind the rg.
I use a linksys router this is the only way to do it. Use a 3rd party router behind the rg.

Re: How can I selectively disable a wireless device?

2 of 3 (1,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2009 12:43:02 PM
(0)
Scholar

Baldy95307 wrote:

Go into the wireless settings page and enable MAC filtering.  Then you can move the teenager's PC to the allowed or blocked list as you want.  But you'll have to do it manually every night and undo it every morning.  And he'll probably figure a way to piggyback on a neighbor's wifi or something.

-- 

oobleck

Baldy95307 wrote:

Go into the wireless settings page and enable MAC filtering.  Then you can move the teenager's PC to the allowed or blocked list as you want.  But you'll have to do it manually every night and undo it every morning.  And he'll probably figure a way to piggyback on a neighbor's wifi or something.

-- 

oobleck

Re: How can I selectively disable a wireless device?

3 of 3 (1,120 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments