HomeView

Professor

HomeView

I noticed OP made a post about it in the Announcements section, has anyone tried it yet?

I did and I don't think it's special. Windows can do all that stuff natively.  The only thing is the HomeView map is better than Vista's map, but I don't think that would need to be a reason fora whole sepearte program.

Message 1 of 19 (830 Views)

Re: HomeView

I agree. But, I am curious if this will eventually allow us to share media, photos, videos, music to the stb's? That'd be nice!
Message 2 of 19 (830 Views)
Professor

I have tried it, but I can't get any of it to work after the install.  Here is the post I made about it several days ago.

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=HSIA&thread.id=5635

Message 3 of 19 (830 Views)
Professor

awhited74 wrote:
I agree. But, I am curious if this will eventually allow us to share media, photos, videos, music to the stb's? That'd be nice!

Not sure, but for now I'm uninstalling it. I don't need another program running in the background.

MarkShadid, I'm not too sure what could be the problem. I guess AT&T still needs to work on it. Did you download the right one for your OS?

Message 4 of 19 (830 Views)
Professor

Uturnaroun wrote:

awhited74 wrote:

Not sure, but for now I'm uninstalling it. I don't need another program running in the background.

MarkShadid, I'm not too sure what could be the problem. I guess AT&T still needs to work on it. Did you download the right one for your OS?

Yeah I give it a shot on occasion just to see if I can get it to work.  I've given up on it for he most part until more people use it and know more about it.  Then someone smarter than myself will figure out what's wrong with it LOL.

Message 5 of 19 (830 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Got it working on the Vista computer.  Just had to reinstall J Script.  So if anyone using Vista is having trouble with the tool, here's how to reinstall J Script:

Windows Vista users must reregister JScript.dll and VBScript.dll:
  1. Click Start and select Search.
  2. In the Search box, type CMD and click OK.
  3. In the Search results window, right-click CMD and select Run as Administrator.
  4. In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
  5. After the confirmation message is displayed, type REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.

Message 6 of 19 (830 Views)

I just installed it on my Dell laptop running Windows XP.  I think it was working.  It found my Dell computer, the RG, and my RG connected Brother printer.  I don't think it found my wife's laptop.  Maybe I needed to install it on her computer also.  Anyway, I deleted it because I don't see a need for it right now.
Message 7 of 19 (830 Views)
Expert

I wonder if ATT is using us as labrats here? :smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 19 (830 Views)
Expert

It isn't hard to do, all they have to do is read the posts.
Message 9 of 19 (830 Views)
Expert

umm hmm... :smileywink:
Message 10 of 19 (830 Views)
Contributor

Obviously this doesn't work on Vista 64bit... =(

If someone knows how to get it running on 64bit Vista gimme hollar pls :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by RENWALDO on 12-01-2008 03:37 PM
Message 11 of 19 (659 Views)
Master

RENWALDO wrote:
Obviously this doesn't work on Vista 64bit... =(

thats not an elite club as u know  :-p)
Message 12 of 19 (659 Views)
Contributor

Lol this is true, so true....
Message 13 of 19 (659 Views)
Teacher

As an alternative to HomeView, I highly recommend the wonderful (and free) application SpiceWorks developed by a small private company in Austin, TX. 

More info here.

Message 14 of 19 (659 Views)
Expert

gerick wrote:

As an alternative to HomeView, I highly recommend the wonderful (and free) application SpiceWorks developed by a small private company in Austin, TX. 

More info here.

Do you have a lot of experience with this software?  Does it work with all of the os?

Message 15 of 19 (659 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.