Hitachi L42S504 Remote Control Code / Volume Up&Down Issue

Hitachi L42S504 Remote Control Code / Volume Up&Down Issue

Just purchased a Hitachi L42S504 and when programming (Code 1328) the UVerse remote to control this TV everything works fine (Power, Mute, Menu, Input) except for the volume up and down.  When pressing the volume up/down from the UVerse remote I get a Red circle with a line through it on the upper right of the screen. Any thoughts???

Message 1 of 5 (1,697 Views)
Expert

Re: Hitachi L42S504 Remote Control Code / Volume Up&Down Issue

Have you tried any of the other codes for that tv?  Different codes can enable the remote to control different functions on your tv.

Message 2 of 5 (1,693 Views)
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

The volume control has more options than just using the code for the TV. You can select which device actually varies the volume.

You can look at the remote to see which device button lights when you press the volume. Could be TV, att or even aux. You may want to reset the remote to factory default & then try code 1328.

If you find you cannot control the TV volume, you can leave the TV volume fixed and set the remote to vary the volume on the STB.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (1,644 Views)

The only code listed on the UVerse remote code is 1328.  If you have any others for Hitachi please let me know.

Message 4 of 5 (1,624 Views)

I have already tried setting the default volume control to the TV button.  It is sending something to the TV that appears to be incorrect since the TV is showing a red circle with a line through it on the upper right of the screen.

Message 5 of 5 (1,622 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.