Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

Guru

Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

AT&T Might not be ready but me and My House Are,

My Brother from Detroit who Works for U-verse down there came up and we ran wires 3 cat5 because he said that's the best way to go.

Things I went out and bought were the AT&T Residential Gateway (2wire AT&T logo one. Then I went out and bought 3 AT&T Moltorola Home DVR/receiver and 2 receivers

Good point no rental cost

Bad point No service available yet I got a house full of shinny gear and no service.

Hurry Up AT&T I'm waiting along with the rest of the 174 other known potential U-verse Subscribers.

My brother even did a Vrad signal check to test once a vrad is in place it'll work even though I'm out of typical vrad coverage. The way things are configured he saw no issues a vrad signal getting to my house.

Hey even had a device that saw current vrads in the area we almost made a call to hook up right then and there but then he saw something he said the local boys gotta put a vrad in maybe 2 of them one closer just for reliability sake.

Message 1 of 60 (2,375 Views)
Professor

Re: Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

Sounds like you put the cart before the horse. :smileywink:

Message 2 of 60 (1,933 Views)
ACE - Master

Let us know if you can get those boxes to work. 

They must be provisioned by ATT and hence the monthly cost.  If you manage to get them to work without the fee, you'll be the first.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Guru

all the gear is licensed AT&T gear My Brother who lworks for AT&T U-verse logged in under tech account and registered and put the S/N and mac & IP info found on each box basicily everything is set once the service does go Live in my area everything after a few minutes to few hours will set right up.

It all should provision just fine.

Another cool thing too is nothing else needs to be done but a Vrad installed. The service drop just got replaced from a telephone getting hit by a car AT&T came out added twisted pair service drop and replaced the 2 AT type boxes and the 3 old other lines which didn't need to be there and added the newer U-verse ready nid.

Message 4 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Expert

You can't buy any ATT UV equipment, so anything purchased or *found* is technically STOLEN EQUIPMENT.  I would assume your bro knows that, being ATT and all?

IF you can ever get service, those boxes will not be RENT FREE.  ATT has to provision/activate them.  They will charge you each month for all the STBs/DVR.

Message 5 of 60 (1,933 Views)
ACE - Master

Any one can buy ATT Uverse equipment from Ebay or Craig's list but that doesn't mean they are going to work.  They won't.

Also, if your brother 'provisioned' them using some sort of means other than going through ATT sales/billing, I'd think that he could possibly get in trouble and jeopardize his job.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Guru

I made arrangements and no it's not stolen equipment, I wanted to buy my own hardware and so I asked and I made a deal lot more extra paper work signing over the gear to the customer. Legal stuff.

the Hardware came out of an AT&T truck.

I just didn't want to pay rental fees every month so I bought the gear.

Another thing too is I'm paying for the service to be put in place NOW Not waiting to later

So another part of the Plan is I'm paying for all the Vrad install work out of my own pocket.

I'm not one with patients waiting for AT&T to bring U-verse to me over next few years when cable company wants me to sign up for a 2yr lock in bundle deal.

My answer to the cable company Offer getting U-verse. In the next few weeks.

Also AT&T started working on the service end group of guys walking the neighborhood looking around survey work  

Message 7 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Guru

My brother just entered the gear into the Provisioning system and my prequal account He scheduled the service work and now there's a group working on that. 

There was Nothing Illegal done just done the way I want and since I'm paying the Utility work to be done it's going on now. Because I called and asked what would it take to get U-verse in my area now. I asked if could pay for the work to be done now. and I wanted fiber to the Home. It's beomg done.

I'm not mentioning the cost because It's a huge amount. I'm not discussing it.

Message 8 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Master

oh baloney

Message 9 of 60 (1,933 Views)
ACE - Master

Mikro wrote:

My brother just entered the gear into the Provisioning system and my prequal account He scheduled the service work and now there's a group working on that. 

There was Nothing Illegal done just done the way I want and since I'm paying the Utility work to be done it's going on now. Because I called and asked what would it take to get U-verse in my area now. I asked if could pay for the work to be done now. and I wanted fiber to the Home. It's beomg done.

I'm not mentioning the cost because It's a huge amount. I'm not discussing it.

I've read that the cost to run fiber to a house is around $10,000. 
You must reallllllly want Uverse.

Message 10 of 60 (1,933 Views)
Expert

I along with others who have posted hope you don't run into any problems.  But they are passing on this information because of posts from people who tried to get around paying rental fees or just buying stbs.  They found out other wise after actually signing up for the service they got a rude awakening.

I realize your brother works at ATT and if it works out for you then there is hope for the rest of us.  Just be advised.  I'm just sayin.

Message 11 of 60 (1,234 Views)
Employee

(if it were true) Your brother would be fired on the spot for going outside of the process. 

Anything that happens without an order through the front end would be illegal.

There are no fiber DSLAMS in your COs.

You're posting BS. Please stop.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 60 (1,234 Views)

You are full of it. I say again, 'You are full of it!' Too many lies & errors to even call you out on. Stop.

Message 13 of 60 (1,234 Views)
ACE - Master

Like the old saying says "Time will tell". 

The OP probably did wire the house.  Not a problem with that.  He most likely DID acquire the equipment from an 'outside source' (Ebay/Craigs List/Hot off the truck).  Perhaps his brother 'provisioned' the RG in a super secret way.  And, maybe the guy had the bucks to pay to have the neighborhood wired (questionable at best).

The unanswered question here is "Will it work?"  and will it work without paying the monthly fees.  We'll see.  

Message 14 of 60 (1,234 Views)
Professor

It might have been easier for the OP to move into a neighborhood that already had Uverse!  Who knows, maybe he could have found a house with the vrad in the middle of the back yard.  :smileywink:

Message 15 of 60 (1,234 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.