Posted Mar 22, 2010
9:37:36 PM
View profile
Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

AT&T Might not be ready but me and My House Are,

My Brother from Detroit who Works for U-verse down there came up and we ran wires 3 cat5 because he said that's the best way to go.

Things I went out and bought were the AT&T Residential Gateway (2wire AT&T logo one. Then I went out and bought 3 AT&T Moltorola Home DVR/receiver and 2 receivers

Good point no rental cost

Bad point No service available yet I got a house full of shinny gear and no service.

Hurry Up AT&T I'm waiting along with the rest of the 174 other known potential U-verse Subscribers.

My brother even did a Vrad signal check to test once a vrad is in place it'll work even though I'm out of typical vrad coverage. The way things are configured he saw no issues a vrad signal getting to my house.

Hey even had a device that saw current vrads in the area we almost made a call to hook up right then and there but then he saw something he said the local boys gotta put a vrad in maybe 2 of them one closer just for reliability sake.

59 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(59)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 10:01:11 AM
(0)
Master

Mikro wrote:

I just discovered I could use Uverse on My 360 and ordered the kit I got 1 dvr receiver 1 regular receiver and soon my 360 Here's a funny thing AT&T took the funds I paid town and some of it went towards a few months of the service cost. I'm all set now.

that receipt i'd like to see...

Dennis

Mikro wrote:

I just discovered I could use Uverse on My 360 and ordered the kit I got 1 dvr receiver 1 regular receiver and soon my 360 Here's a funny thing AT&T took the funds I paid town and some of it went towards a few months of the service cost. I'm all set now.

that receipt i'd like to see...

Dennis

Re: Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

31 of 60 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 10:04:07 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by showtime48 on Nov 28, 2010 at 3:39:22 PM

Mikro wrote:

Stuff Happens

[text removed - keep it courteous]

Dennis

Mikro wrote:

Stuff Happens

[text removed - keep it courteous]

Dennis

[ Edited ]
32 of 60 (1,106 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:43:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hey guys, I came across a very interesting message posted on the uverseusers forum:

Hi I'm Mikro I've been trying to get U-verse in my Neighborhood for a few years and in September2010  a VRAD was put in near me. It Offically goes online some time in January 2011.
I can't take the excitement to much longer lol 

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=16824.msg155131#msg155131

Hey guys, I came across a very interesting message posted on the uverseusers forum:

Hi I'm Mikro I've been trying to get U-verse in my Neighborhood for a few years and in September2010  a VRAD was put in near me. It Offically goes online some time in January 2011.
I can't take the excitement to much longer lol 

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=16824.msg155131#msg155131

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 60 (1,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:45:38 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Mikro on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:46:37 PM

So What, I'm Branching out and Broading My resources

So What, I'm Branching out and Broading My resources

[ Edited ]
34 of 60 (1,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:48:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You told everyone on this forum that you already have U-verse installed at your residence.

You told everyone on this forum that you already have U-verse installed at your residence.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 60 (1,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:50:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

So Mikro, do you have Uverse now or not?  Interested minds would like to know?

So Mikro, do you have Uverse now or not?  Interested minds would like to know?

36 of 60 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 7:55:07 PM
(0)
Guru

I do but it's not offically up till January and that's when I guess the website and everything gets updated it's only a Month. Bugged torchered I saw the vrad power go in I bugged bothered some more the guy I chatted with asked around they are really close any ways He thought it be Idea to get it up and see how it was going to work. So he made few phone calls. They are still activity working but I talked the guys locally into getting me hooked up. but everything is still very much under construction

I do but it's not offically up till January and that's when I guess the website and everything gets updated it's only a Month. Bugged torchered I saw the vrad power go in I bugged bothered some more the guy I chatted with asked around they are really close any ways He thought it be Idea to get it up and see how it was going to work. So he made few phone calls. They are still activity working but I talked the guys locally into getting me hooked up. but everything is still very much under construction

37 of 60 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:01:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

hmmmmm:smileyindifferent:  That is an interesting response.  I am not saying it isn't true, but it doesn't make much sense.

hmmmmm:smileyindifferent:  That is an interesting response.  I am not saying it isn't true, but it doesn't make much sense.

38 of 60 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:07:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, that is a very interesting response.  Most of the messages that the OP has posted on this forum would fall into the category of "that is an interesting response."

Yes, that is a very interesting response.  Most of the messages that the OP has posted on this forum would fall into the category of "that is an interesting response."

39 of 60 (966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:14:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

umm hmm

umm hmm

40 of 60 (962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:17:51 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Mikro on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:21:25 PM

Here's what I know from the techs on the scene daily now there in the area checking lines. They said it'll be January because AT&T always adds new service in a new Quarter well that'll Be January, Showed me all the stuff inside I don't know all of it but there's wires going from the VRAD and into the circuts they tapped for potential subscribers It was all tagged and labeled there were like 8 taps over to the cross connect which they were working on. He also said this area big and there dropping a few more VRADS to cover the Area. it was quite an informative chat. I let the guy get back to work. With that says the field techs are awesome group of People from AT&T One Time I mentioned it but can't find it. A DUI hit the same cross connect in 2004 the AT&T guys were out there straightening the Mess coming out of the ground. I asked if that was why my phones were dead, He asked for my Address they after I told him he reached into his lap of wires and Held up the severed Damaged wiring to my house and the trunk ln coming out of the ground. It took few weeks and Months to return the cross connect housing back up and fixed

Here's what I know from the techs on the scene daily now there in the area checking lines. They said it'll be January because AT&T always adds new service in a new Quarter well that'll Be January, Showed me all the stuff inside I don't know all of it but there's wires going from the VRAD and into the circuts they tapped for potential subscribers It was all tagged and labeled there were like 8 taps over to the cross connect which they were working on. He also said this area big and there dropping a few more VRADS to cover the Area. it was quite an informative chat. I let the guy get back to work. With that says the field techs are awesome group of People from AT&T One Time I mentioned it but can't find it. A DUI hit the same cross connect in 2004 the AT&T guys were out there straightening the Mess coming out of the ground. I asked if that was why my phones were dead, He asked for my Address they after I told him he reached into his lap of wires and Held up the severed Damaged wiring to my house and the trunk ln coming out of the ground. It took few weeks and Months to return the cross connect housing back up and fixed

[ Edited ]
41 of 60 (1,951 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:26:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

With all that being said, why not post that yyou are close to getting Uverse instead of you have it?  Your posts just didn't add up for someone who already had UV.  There is no way to know what is actually real or not.  IMHO.  Well you slightly answered my question, I'm moving on.

With all that being said, why not post that yyou are close to getting Uverse instead of you have it?  Your posts just didn't add up for someone who already had UV.  There is no way to know what is actually real or not.  IMHO.  Well you slightly answered my question, I'm moving on.

42 of 60 (1,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 8:38:33 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Mikro on Dec 6, 2010 at 8:40:29 PM

All I know is the guys got the go ahead to hook me up I don't know the back end other than the guy making a phone call and a U-verse sales rep calling walking me through setting up the account and ording an install the tech showed up saw I had about 75% of the house ready to go they got the VRAD up and told me after getting signals established it might take a few days for it to come up ondemand and other features and services. the phone was wierd but settled down. Then few days later I forgot my xbox 360 I saw the ording info on the U-verse support and called the following day the rep set it up so as soon as I setup the 360 Media room and U-verse software the rep entered at the time of ording a key and so I had no issues the software got here I installed it following setup and it worked the tech even did a follow up to see if it was running ok. I said it's running sweet.

All I know is the guys got the go ahead to hook me up I don't know the back end other than the guy making a phone call and a U-verse sales rep calling walking me through setting up the account and ording an install the tech showed up saw I had about 75% of the house ready to go they got the VRAD up and told me after getting signals established it might take a few days for it to come up ondemand and other features and services. the phone was wierd but settled down. Then few days later I forgot my xbox 360 I saw the ording info on the U-verse support and called the following day the rep set it up so as soon as I setup the 360 Media room and U-verse software the rep entered at the time of ording a key and so I had no issues the software got here I installed it following setup and it worked the tech even did a follow up to see if it was running ok. I said it's running sweet.

[ Edited ]
43 of 60 (1,929 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2010 6:26:21 PM
(0)
Guru

Whoa. Reading, I mean trying to read, Mikro's posts gives me a headache. I'll just take his word for whatever he's trying to say.

Whoa. Reading, I mean trying to read, Mikro's posts gives me a headache. I'll just take his word for whatever he's trying to say.

44 of 60 (1,857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 5:28:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

milkman wrote:

Maybe English is not his first language. 

Not saying there's anything wrong with that.  It just provides an explanation.

milkman wrote:

Maybe English is not his first language. 

Not saying there's anything wrong with that.  It just provides an explanation.

45 of 60 (1,808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 7:21:49 AM
(0)
Guru

I only speak Mikro Type Mikro and Hear Mikro oh yeah and read Mikro :smileyhappy:

I only speak Mikro Type Mikro and Hear Mikro oh yeah and read Mikro :smileyhappy:

46 of 60 (1,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2010 8:31:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Oh good Lord, he's back. Think of it like this, if this was a bookstore/library, we'd find this post in the FICTION section. If it weren't so humorous, I'd ask you to stop. I think you'd be best off having an entire central office installed in your backyard, next to the unicorn farm and the rainbow patch.

Oh good Lord, he's back. Think of it like this, if this was a bookstore/library, we'd find this post in the FICTION section. If it weren't so humorous, I'd ask you to stop. I think you'd be best off having an entire central office installed in your backyard, next to the unicorn farm and the rainbow patch.

47 of 60 (1,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 8:56:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Chitown67 on Dec 8, 2010 at 8:57:56 AM

Heck, what Mikro did was nothing!  When I wanted Uverse back a couple of years ago, I stopped an AT&T truck in a parking lot and asked what the deal was?   Why no Uverse yet?   The man in the truck told me that they didn't have enough people to install Vrad's due to AT&T lay-offs.   So I called AT&T and arranged for me and my neighbor to volunteer to help with the VRAD installation.  We both took a Tuesday off and met the AT&T truck at the VRAD installation site.   It was a lot of heavy lifting but it was well worth it.

After all the work, the Uverse technician came to my house and found that I was TOO FAR from the VRAD for service!  YIKES!   I just installed the dang VRAD!

Well, my neighbor and I came up with a solution.  We both went to home depot and special ordered some fiber optic cable.   When we picked it up, my neighbor and I grabbed our shovels and worked the wires into the ground from the VRAD to our homes (only a mile away).   It was a pain to spend all my nights and weekends digging up dirt and installing fiber to our homes, but after 2 months we were finally done and enjoying UVerse!   :smileyvery-happy:

Heck, what Mikro did was nothing!  When I wanted Uverse back a couple of years ago, I stopped an AT&T truck in a parking lot and asked what the deal was?   Why no Uverse yet?   The man in the truck told me that they didn't have enough people to install Vrad's due to AT&T lay-offs.   So I called AT&T and arranged for me and my neighbor to volunteer to help with the VRAD installation.  We both took a Tuesday off and met the AT&T truck at the VRAD installation site.   It was a lot of heavy lifting but it was well worth it.

After all the work, the Uverse technician came to my house and found that I was TOO FAR from the VRAD for service!  YIKES!   I just installed the dang VRAD!

Well, my neighbor and I came up with a solution.  We both went to home depot and special ordered some fiber optic cable.   When we picked it up, my neighbor and I grabbed our shovels and worked the wires into the ground from the VRAD to our homes (only a mile away).   It was a pain to spend all my nights and weekends digging up dirt and installing fiber to our homes, but after 2 months we were finally done and enjoying UVerse!   :smileyvery-happy:

[ Edited ]
48 of 60 (1,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2010 2:34:38 PM
(0)
Professor

LOL Flag

LOL Flag

49 of 60 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 8:35:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Very cool Chitown, that's one way to get Uverse.  Good effort.

Very cool Chitown, that's one way to get Uverse.  Good effort.

50 of 60 (1,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2010 8:58:20 AM
(0)
Guru

All I did was try and speed up the Process It failed but it got AT&T's Attention. but still took some time.

All I did was try and speed up the Process It failed but it got AT&T's Attention. but still took some time.

51 of 60 (1,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 1:54:44 AM
(0)
Guru

I wound up waiting for U-verse to get here but in the mean time I hammer AT&T with calls is it here yet then a VRAD showed up then I went to a daily on slot of phone calls. then I bothered the guys and Gals setting up the VRAD on December 2010 they hooked me up for distance testing perposes everything worked then in January they test account from everything running to the package I settled on and U-verse is now available to the Area. as of today.

I wound up waiting for U-verse to get here but in the mean time I hammer AT&T with calls is it here yet then a VRAD showed up then I went to a daily on slot of phone calls. then I bothered the guys and Gals setting up the VRAD on December 2010 they hooked me up for distance testing perposes everything worked then in January they test account from everything running to the package I settled on and U-verse is now available to the Area. as of today.

52 of 60 (1,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 1:57:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

Mikro wrote:

Huh? 

Mikro wrote:

Huh? 

53 of 60 (952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 3:51:33 PM
(0)
Guru

Exactly

Exactly

54 of 60 (936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2011 4:45:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

...pants on fire.:smileywink:

...pants on fire.:smileywink:

55 of 60 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 9:47:49 AM
(0)
Guru

Exactly.

Exactly.

56 of 60 (887 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 10:38:52 AM
(0)
Guru

http://forums.att.com/t5/Billing/U-verse-account-went-Live-for-me/m-p/2649945#M7509

The initial post in this thread has an element of truth--wonder if things will be easier on the next installation?

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

http://forums.att.com/t5/Billing/U-verse-account-went-Live-for-me/m-p/2649945#M7509

The initial post in this thread has an element of truth--wonder if things will be easier on the next installation?

docbombay

57 of 60 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 10:43:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Which element?  That is my question.

Which element?  That is my question.

58 of 60 (861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 10:45:30 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by wendigo on Jan 9, 2011 at 2:59:15 PM

[text removed - keep it courteous]  :smileywink:

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

[text removed - keep it courteous]  :smileywink:

docbombay

[ Edited ]
59 of 60 (855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2011 11:08:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

:smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:

60 of 60 (839 Views)