Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

Guru

Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

AT&T Might not be ready but me and My House Are,

My Brother from Detroit who Works for U-verse down there came up and we ran wires 3 cat5 because he said that's the best way to go.

Things I went out and bought were the AT&T Residential Gateway (2wire AT&T logo one. Then I went out and bought 3 AT&T Moltorola Home DVR/receiver and 2 receivers

Good point no rental cost

Bad point No service available yet I got a house full of shinny gear and no service.

Hurry Up AT&T I'm waiting along with the rest of the 174 other known potential U-verse Subscribers.

My brother even did a Vrad signal check to test once a vrad is in place it'll work even though I'm out of typical vrad coverage. The way things are configured he saw no issues a vrad signal getting to my house.

Hey even had a device that saw current vrads in the area we almost made a call to hook up right then and there but then he saw something he said the local boys gotta put a vrad in maybe 2 of them one closer just for reliability sake.

Message 1 of 60 (2,355 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Hey Pre-installed Complete U-verse Shinny things in My House

I only speak Mikro Type Mikro and Hear Mikro oh yeah and read Mikro Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 60 (2,291 Views)

Oh good Lord, he's back. Think of it like this, if this was a bookstore/library, we'd find this post in the FICTION section. If it weren't so humorous, I'd ask you to stop. I think you'd be best off having an entire central office installed in your backyard, next to the unicorn farm and the rainbow patch.

Message 47 of 60 (2,266 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Heck, what Mikro did was nothing!  When I wanted Uverse back a couple of years ago, I stopped an AT&T truck in a parking lot and asked what the deal was?   Why no Uverse yet?   The man in the truck told me that they didn't have enough people to install Vrad's due to AT&T lay-offs.   So I called AT&T and arranged for me and my neighbor to volunteer to help with the VRAD installation.  We both took a Tuesday off and met the AT&T truck at the VRAD installation site.   It was a lot of heavy lifting but it was well worth it.

After all the work, the Uverse technician came to my house and found that I was TOO FAR from the VRAD for service!  YIKES!   I just installed the dang VRAD!

Well, my neighbor and I came up with a solution.  We both went to home depot and special ordered some fiber optic cable.   When we picked it up, my neighbor and I grabbed our shovels and worked the wires into the ground from the VRAD to our homes (only a mile away).   It was a pain to spend all my nights and weekends digging up dirt and installing fiber to our homes, but after 2 months we were finally done and enjoying UVerse!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 60 (2,249 Views)
Professor

LOL Flag

Message 49 of 60 (2,184 Views)
Expert

Very cool Chitown, that's one way to get Uverse.  Good effort.

Message 50 of 60 (2,106 Views)
Guru

All I did was try and speed up the Process It failed but it got AT&T's Attention. but still took some time.

Message 51 of 60 (1,687 Views)
Guru

I wound up waiting for U-verse to get here but in the mean time I hammer AT&T with calls is it here yet then a VRAD showed up then I went to a daily on slot of phone calls. then I bothered the guys and Gals setting up the VRAD on December 2010 they hooked me up for distance testing perposes everything worked then in January they test account from everything running to the package I settled on and U-verse is now available to the Area. as of today.

Message 52 of 60 (1,538 Views)
Scholar

Mikro wrote:

I wound up waiting for U-verse to get here but in the mean time I hammer AT&T with calls is it here yet then a VRAD showed up then I went to a daily on slot of phone calls. then I bothered the guys and Gals setting up the VRAD on December 2010 they hooked me up for distance testing perposes everything worked then in January they test account from everything running to the package I settled on and U-verse is now available to the Area. as of today.

Huh? 

Message 53 of 60 (1,466 Views)
Guru

Exactly

Message 54 of 60 (1,450 Views)
Expert

...pants on fire.Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 60 (1,432 Views)
Guru

Exactly.

Message 56 of 60 (1,401 Views)

http://forums.att.com/t5/Billing/U-verse-account-went-Live-for-me/m-p/2649945#M7509

The initial post in this thread has an element of truth--wonder if things will be easier on the next installation?

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 57 of 60 (1,385 Views)
Expert

Which element?  That is my question.

Message 58 of 60 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]

[text removed - keep it courteous]  Smiley Wink

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 59 of 60 (1,369 Views)
Expert

Smiley Very Happy

Message 60 of 60 (1,353 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.