Help with Realtime Stats

Scholar

Help with Realtime Stats

I just took a peak at Realtime and noticed some red outline stats. I assume that may indicate an issue. Can some help me?

Message 1 of 23 (1,619 Views)
Expert

Re: Help with Realtime Stats

Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 23 (1,062 Views)
Scholar

This seems to be getting worse instead of better. Another PremTech is scheduled for 12-4PM tomorrow Saturday 2/12. Below are the stats from a few minutes ago:

Message 17 of 23 (1,038 Views)
Expert

If the problem still exists after the prem techs visit use the hyperlink in my signature and contact David.  He has helped lots of people with a wide variety of problems.  Shoot him an email with all of your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

Message 18 of 23 (1,028 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

After sleeping on it I think the above stats may have been while the LineTech was here doing his testing.

Message 19 of 23 (1,005 Views)
Scholar

Below are fresh stats. Yesterday a Premtech was here and replaced all Coax with Cat5. He could see that something was wrong inside the house and said it was easier to do that than to try and diagnose anything. Please let me know what you think of the below:

Message 20 of 23 (936 Views)
ACE - Master

I have had at least 6 link retrains a week for the past 2 months.  This led to TV and net freezes for 2-3 minutes and the RG would flash red for 5or so seconds.

I had a technician out Saturday and, like you, he called a linesman in because of the noise.  HOWEVER after the tech replaced a coax connercter, all STB's (to include the DVR) AND the RG, the noise problems magically went away.

Tier 2 should be able to tell you if the noise is coming downstream (from the outside) or upstream (from inside your home).  Mine were all upstream, from inside my house.  The tech refused to acknowledge that but after he left, the linesman said, "the outside was okay, he fixed the noise by doing what he did, inside."  I think that a bad coax fitting and a bad STB power supply caused my issues. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 23 (737 Views)
Expert

Well, one thing that's good on the new stats is that there have been very few errors in the last 36 hours.  This may be a sign that things should be fixed or nearly fixed.

You may want to reset the error counts and then let it run 2-3 days and see if the error counts remain fairly clean.

I don't see too much difference in the line stats or the bitloading, so indeed perhaps the problems were inside the house.

Message 22 of 23 (690 Views)
Scholar

I believe this is the cleanest this has been since the day it was installed 3 years ago! Thanks for your help SomeJoe!

Message 23 of 23 (642 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.