Help with Realtime Stats

Scholar

Help with Realtime Stats

I just took a peak at Realtime and noticed some red outline stats. I assume that may indicate an issue. Can some help me?

Message 1 of 23 (1,617 Views)
Expert

Re: Help with Realtime Stats

When the mods approve your photo someone will take a look at your stats.

Message 2 of 23 (1,602 Views)
Guru

We will need to see a screenshot of the Bitloading, Error Table, and Coax/HPNA tabs as well.

Message 3 of 23 (1,573 Views)
Scholar

See below:

Message 4 of 23 (1,551 Views)
Guru

Alright, as soon as they get approved I'll take a look at them.

Message 5 of 23 (1,548 Views)
Expert

Please recheck your stats with UVRT v1.7.0.0.  Since you have a 3801HGV, there are a few inaccurate stats computed under 1.6.0.0.

Message 6 of 23 (1,481 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Sorry SomeJoe I was out all day. See below:

Message 7 of 23 (1,370 Views)
Expert

Looks like the line is getting some intermittent interference, judging by the interference spikes on the bitloading graph in the 1.0-1.5 MHz range, and the high amount of signal loss and retrain events.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Message 8 of 23 (1,328 Views)
Scholar

Thanks SomeJoe .... What would be the symptoms (besides the stats) that I would see on the TV side?

Message 9 of 23 (1,291 Views)
Expert

You would see intermittent freezes & pixelation.

Message 10 of 23 (1,250 Views)
Scholar

Got a hold of Tier 2. They saw errors also so they have scheduled a tech visit for this afternoon. I'll post more later.

Message 11 of 23 (1,131 Views)
Scholar

PremTech is here. He sees the errors on his tests and has looked at the inside wiring and see no issues. He is putting in a ticket for the Line techs to check things out.

Message 12 of 23 (1,116 Views)
Scholar

LineTech came and climbed through about 3 feet of snow drifts but found no errors on the line. He didn't mentioned that I was at the 32mg profile and in his opinion this was one of the causes of pixelation/freezing and asked if it was OK if he reset it to 25MG. I asked him to leave it alone because he had already mentioned that the problem was inside the house not on the line. The PremTech had left and didn't return the LineTech's calls. So I called and have another dispatch for 12PM tomorrow.

Message 13 of 23 (1,099 Views)
Expert

Smiley Sad  Did they look at the stats you posted here?

Message 14 of 23 (1,086 Views)
Scholar

No I told them about it but no one seemed interested.

Message 15 of 23 (1,075 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.