Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 8, 2011
3:52:55 PM
View profile
Help with Realtime Stats

I just took a peak at Realtime and noticed some red outline stats. I assume that may indicate an issue. Can some help me?

I just took a peak at Realtime and noticed some red outline stats. I assume that may indicate an issue. Can some help me?

Help with Realtime Stats

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 4:10:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When the mods approve your photo someone will take a look at your stats.

When the mods approve your photo someone will take a look at your stats.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help with Realtime Stats

2 of 23 (1,272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 4:42:20 PM
(0)
Guru

We will need to see a screenshot of the Bitloading, Error Table, and Coax/HPNA tabs as well.

We will need to see a screenshot of the Bitloading, Error Table, and Coax/HPNA tabs as well.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

3 of 23 (1,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 5:25:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

See below:

See below:

4 of 23 (1,221 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2011 5:26:19 PM
(0)
Guru

Alright, as soon as they get approved I'll take a look at them.

Alright, as soon as they get approved I'll take a look at them.

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

5 of 23 (1,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 12:50:58 AM
(0)
Expert

Please recheck your stats with UVRT v1.7.0.0.  Since you have a 3801HGV, there are a few inaccurate stats computed under 1.6.0.0.

Please recheck your stats with UVRT v1.7.0.0.  Since you have a 3801HGV, there are a few inaccurate stats computed under 1.6.0.0.

6 of 23 (1,151 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2011 8:15:20 PM
(0)
Scholar

Sorry SomeJoe I was out all day. See below:

Sorry SomeJoe I was out all day. See below:

7 of 23 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 10:17:11 AM
(0)
Expert

Looks like the line is getting some intermittent interference, judging by the interference spikes on the bitloading graph in the 1.0-1.5 MHz range, and the high amount of signal loss and retrain events.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Looks like the line is getting some intermittent interference, judging by the interference spikes on the bitloading graph in the 1.0-1.5 MHz range, and the high amount of signal loss and retrain events.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

8 of 23 (998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2011 2:26:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks SomeJoe .... What would be the symptoms (besides the stats) that I would see on the TV side?

Thanks SomeJoe .... What would be the symptoms (besides the stats) that I would see on the TV side?

9 of 23 (961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 7:19:31 AM
(0)
Expert

You would see intermittent freezes & pixelation.

You would see intermittent freezes & pixelation.

10 of 23 (920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 10:56:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

Got a hold of Tier 2. They saw errors also so they have scheduled a tech visit for this afternoon. I'll post more later.

Got a hold of Tier 2. They saw errors also so they have scheduled a tech visit for this afternoon. I'll post more later.

11 of 23 (801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 12:41:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

PremTech is here. He sees the errors on his tests and has looked at the inside wiring and see no issues. He is putting in a ticket for the Line techs to check things out.

PremTech is here. He sees the errors on his tests and has looked at the inside wiring and see no issues. He is putting in a ticket for the Line techs to check things out.

12 of 23 (786 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 3:17:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

LineTech came and climbed through about 3 feet of snow drifts but found no errors on the line. He didn't mentioned that I was at the 32mg profile and in his opinion this was one of the causes of pixelation/freezing and asked if it was OK if he reset it to 25MG. I asked him to leave it alone because he had already mentioned that the problem was inside the house not on the line. The PremTech had left and didn't return the LineTech's calls. So I called and have another dispatch for 12PM tomorrow.

LineTech came and climbed through about 3 feet of snow drifts but found no errors on the line. He didn't mentioned that I was at the 32mg profile and in his opinion this was one of the causes of pixelation/freezing and asked if it was OK if he reset it to 25MG. I asked him to leave it alone because he had already mentioned that the problem was inside the house not on the line. The PremTech had left and didn't return the LineTech's calls. So I called and have another dispatch for 12PM tomorrow.

13 of 23 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 3:43:02 PM
(0)
Expert

Smiley Sad  Did they look at the stats you posted here?

Smiley Sad  Did they look at the stats you posted here?

14 of 23 (756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 4:21:29 PM
(0)
Scholar

No I told them about it but no one seemed interested.

No I told them about it but no one seemed interested.

15 of 23 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 4:35:34 PM
(0)
Expert

Smiley Mad

Smiley Mad

16 of 23 (737 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 8:15:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

This seems to be getting worse instead of better. Another PremTech is scheduled for 12-4PM tomorrow Saturday 2/12. Below are the stats from a few minutes ago:

This seems to be getting worse instead of better. Another PremTech is scheduled for 12-4PM tomorrow Saturday 2/12. Below are the stats from a few minutes ago:

17 of 23 (713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2011 8:28:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If the problem still exists after the prem techs visit use the hyperlink in my signature and contact David.  He has helped lots of people with a wide variety of problems.  Shoot him an email with all of your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

If the problem still exists after the prem techs visit use the hyperlink in my signature and contact David.  He has helped lots of people with a wide variety of problems.  Shoot him an email with all of your info and he or a member of his staff will be in touch with you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

18 of 23 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2011 5:49:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

After sleeping on it I think the above stats may have been while the LineTech was here doing his testing.

After sleeping on it I think the above stats may have been while the LineTech was here doing his testing.

19 of 23 (680 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2011 8:44:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

Below are fresh stats. Yesterday a Premtech was here and replaced all Coax with Cat5. He could see that something was wrong inside the house and said it was easier to do that than to try and diagnose anything. Please let me know what you think of the below:

Below are fresh stats. Yesterday a Premtech was here and replaced all Coax with Cat5. He could see that something was wrong inside the house and said it was easier to do that than to try and diagnose anything. Please let me know what you think of the below:

20 of 23 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2011 11:20:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I have had at least 6 link retrains a week for the past 2 months.  This led to TV and net freezes for 2-3 minutes and the RG would flash red for 5or so seconds.

I had a technician out Saturday and, like you, he called a linesman in because of the noise.  HOWEVER after the tech replaced a coax connercter, all STB's (to include the DVR) AND the RG, the noise problems magically went away.

Tier 2 should be able to tell you if the noise is coming downstream (from the outside) or upstream (from inside your home).  Mine were all upstream, from inside my house.  The tech refused to acknowledge that but after he left, the linesman said, "the outside was okay, he fixed the noise by doing what he did, inside."  I think that a bad coax fitting and a bad STB power supply caused my issues. 

I have had at least 6 link retrains a week for the past 2 months.  This led to TV and net freezes for 2-3 minutes and the RG would flash red for 5or so seconds.

I had a technician out Saturday and, like you, he called a linesman in because of the noise.  HOWEVER after the tech replaced a coax connercter, all STB's (to include the DVR) AND the RG, the noise problems magically went away.

Tier 2 should be able to tell you if the noise is coming downstream (from the outside) or upstream (from inside your home).  Mine were all upstream, from inside my house.  The tech refused to acknowledge that but after he left, the linesman said, "the outside was okay, he fixed the noise by doing what he did, inside."  I think that a bad coax fitting and a bad STB power supply caused my issues. 

21 of 23 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2011 7:45:51 PM
(0)
Expert

Well, one thing that's good on the new stats is that there have been very few errors in the last 36 hours.  This may be a sign that things should be fixed or nearly fixed.

You may want to reset the error counts and then let it run 2-3 days and see if the error counts remain fairly clean.

I don't see too much difference in the line stats or the bitloading, so indeed perhaps the problems were inside the house.

Well, one thing that's good on the new stats is that there have been very few errors in the last 36 hours.  This may be a sign that things should be fixed or nearly fixed.

You may want to reset the error counts and then let it run 2-3 days and see if the error counts remain fairly clean.

I don't see too much difference in the line stats or the bitloading, so indeed perhaps the problems were inside the house.

22 of 23 (365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2011 6:13:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

I believe this is the cleanest this has been since the day it was installed 3 years ago! Thanks for your help SomeJoe!

I believe this is the cleanest this has been since the day it was installed 3 years ago! Thanks for your help SomeJoe!

23 of 23 (317 Views)