Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 16, 2009
8:58:16 AM
View profile
Help with Linksys PCI Adapter and 2Wire Router. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

We've had ATT UVerse installed for about a month now. At the time of the installation, my mom's desktop had a virus so we couldn't get it connected.

Now, I have reinstalled Windows XP on the desktop. Installed is a Linksys WMP54GS PCI adapter in the desktop. I have tried installing and uninstalling the driver a million times. Also, we are using the 2Wire wireless router that came with UVerse.

When I try to connect with out network, it says that the wirelss card cannot connect to the wireless router (2Wire). Lastly, I can only assume that cross-brand wireless products work with eachother? AKA 2Wire and Linksys...

So what is the problem? I really need help because my mom needs to use her computer and there's no way to connect wirelessly!

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

We've had ATT UVerse installed for about a month now. At the time of the installation, my mom's desktop had a virus so we couldn't get it connected.

Now, I have reinstalled Windows XP on the desktop. Installed is a Linksys WMP54GS PCI adapter in the desktop. I have tried installing and uninstalling the driver a million times. Also, we are using the 2Wire wireless router that came with UVerse.

When I try to connect with out network, it says that the wirelss card cannot connect to the wireless router (2Wire). Lastly, I can only assume that cross-brand wireless products work with eachother? AKA 2Wire and Linksys...

So what is the problem? I really need help because my mom needs to use her computer and there's no way to connect wirelessly!

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Help with Linksys PCI Adapter and 2Wire Router. PLEASE!!!!!!!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2009 11:51:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
What I do when I setup a new computer to work with my wireless is if the network is not detected.  I right click on the adapter's icon and select detect wireless network.  Then my network shows up.  You might try the troubleshooter that comes with that network adapter.
What I do when I setup a new computer to work with my wireless is if the network is not detected.  I right click on the adapter's icon and select detect wireless network.  Then my network shows up.  You might try the troubleshooter that comes with that network adapter.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help with Linksys PCI Adapter and 2Wire Router. PLEASE!!!!!!!

2 of 4 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2009 12:03:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
Have you verified that the wireless on the 2-Wire RG is enabled?

Go to: 192.168.1.254 on your web browser the click Home Network. In the Status at a Glance section does the wireless have a red line going through it? If it does it is disabled.

- Steve
Have you verified that the wireless on the 2-Wire RG is enabled?

Go to: 192.168.1.254 on your web browser the click Home Network. In the Status at a Glance section does the wireless have a red line going through it? If it does it is disabled.

- Steve

3 of 4 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2009 11:17:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

if your network is having a hard time to connect wirelessly, just set a static ip address to your computer using the adapter...

copy everything in the DNS of your RG and set a static ip range just within the range of the 2wire RG which is 192.168.1.254

then after that it should work fine...

theres a lot of run arounds for router and adapter to work together and playing on the authentication key types and channels could also help...

and just a reminder, brands are made to work on the same brand

..but having cross brands, their is a possibility that it may or may not work...

we are always reminded with that by our technical trainers...

if your network is having a hard time to connect wirelessly, just set a static ip address to your computer using the adapter...

copy everything in the DNS of your RG and set a static ip range just within the range of the 2wire RG which is 192.168.1.254

then after that it should work fine...

theres a lot of run arounds for router and adapter to work together and playing on the authentication key types and channels could also help...

and just a reminder, brands are made to work on the same brand

..but having cross brands, their is a possibility that it may or may not work...

we are always reminded with that by our technical trainers...

4 of 4 (968 Views)