Hauppauge 850 with STB not working

Contributor

Hauppauge 850 with STB not working

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and a HP Desktop with a 21" LG monitor with DVI and standard connections.

I recently got U-Verse installed and had them install a standard definition Set-Top Box at my main desktop computer.  I hadn't purchased a TV Tuner Card, but they said it should pretty much be plug and play after I install the tuner card software.

I bought a USB Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 850 and plugged it in today; installed all the software and drivers.  I plugged the coax from the STB into the 850.  I've tried via WinTV and Windows Media Player.  I can't get WinTV to go to "Channel 3", but I can with WMP and it still doesn't show video. 

The box is active, I tested it on a spare TV. 

Am I fighting a lost battle?  I really don't see any option I have to get it to work.  I don't care about getting HD or even recording on my PC (although in a perfect world I might...).  Any recording will just be done through my Home DVR.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Do I need different card (PCI)?  Am I missing something in the software set up?  Please help...

Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)

Re: Hauppauge 850 with STB not working

I have a different card I have the 1800, but I couldn't get coax to recognize the signal either.  Change it component for the audio and S-Video and it sould work with no issues.  At least mine did.  I am running it through Hauppauge WinTV 7.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 4 (729 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll probably have to take this card back then.  It's the USB version with only a coax input.  I should have just got the PCI one like I was going to, but got talked out of by the guy at the store.

I'll go to the store and cross my fingers when I get home.  Thanks a lot.

A couple questions though:  You are using the U-Verse controller correct?  Or are you using a WMP controller with an IR blaster to the box?  And are you able to record to your PC?

Message 3 of 4 (703 Views)

I'm using the STB as a controller, haven't tried recording so I can't tell you on that, but I have heard a couple others on here that have had success.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.