HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

Contributor

HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

I am having trouble finding an acceptable programming code for the Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver.  I have used ALL possible codes for Yamaha devices with no luck.  Has anyone been able to find an acceptable code.  This is pretty annoying given that this unit is a relatively new (but not brand new).

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

Is it that it doesn't work at all, or something like the U-verse remote will turn it off, but not on?

Some equipment uses a separate code for on/off and since the uverse remote can only assign one command to a button, you can choose which you prefer (on or off).

bobbypierce wrote:

I am having trouble finding an acceptable programming code for the Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver.  I have used ALL possible codes for Yamaha devices with no luck.  Has anyone been able to find an acceptable code.  This is pretty annoying given that this unit is a relatively new (but not brand new).

Any help would be appreciated.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Correct, It will not turn the unit ON/OFF.

Message 3 of 5

My receiver doesn't have a workable code either.  The receiver database is kind of small.

Luckily, I use a Harmony remote.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Yeah, I have considered buying a universal remote ...  but I thought surely they will have mapped the codes to new(er) equipment.  Plus, this is in a room that my kids primarily use, and I really don't want them screwing up a $100 universal rem.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support