Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 26, 2010
9:07:24 AM
View profile
HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

I am having trouble finding an acceptable programming code for the Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver.  I have used ALL possible codes for Yamaha devices with no luck.  Has anyone been able to find an acceptable code.  This is pretty annoying given that this unit is a relatively new (but not brand new).

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having trouble finding an acceptable programming code for the Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver.  I have used ALL possible codes for Yamaha devices with no luck.  Has anyone been able to find an acceptable code.  This is pretty annoying given that this unit is a relatively new (but not brand new).

HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 10:32:47 AM
(0)
Employee

Is it that it doesn't work at all, or something like the U-verse remote will turn it off, but not on?

Some equipment uses a separate code for on/off and since the uverse remote can only assign one command to a button, you can choose which you prefer (on or off).

bobbypierce wrote:

Is it that it doesn't work at all, or something like the U-verse remote will turn it off, but not on?

Some equipment uses a separate code for on/off and since the uverse remote can only assign one command to a button, you can choose which you prefer (on or off).

bobbypierce wrote:

Sent from my phone.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HELP: Uverse Remote Programming Code for Yamaha RX-V665 AV Receiver

2 of 5 (2,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 11:04:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Correct, It will not turn the unit ON/OFF.

Correct, It will not turn the unit ON/OFF.

3 of 5 (2,609 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 3:27:46 PM
(0)
Guru

My receiver doesn't have a workable code either.  The receiver database is kind of small.

Luckily, I use a Harmony remote.

My receiver doesn't have a workable code either.  The receiver database is kind of small.

Luckily, I use a Harmony remote.

4 of 5 (2,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2010 1:57:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah, I have considered buying a universal remote ...  but I thought surely they will have mapped the codes to new(er) equipment.  Plus, this is in a room that my kids primarily use, and I really don't want them screwing up a $100 universal rem.

Yeah, I have considered buying a universal remote ...  but I thought surely they will have mapped the codes to new(er) equipment.  Plus, this is in a room that my kids primarily use, and I really don't want them screwing up a $100 universal rem.

5 of 5 (2,553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments