Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 29, 2009
8:27:22 PM
HELP! How do you disable the wireless for the U-verse RG? And how to cascade the other router?

I have a third router, the brand is Linksys, how do you cascade it? for it not to give an IP.... and how do you disable the wireless capability of the uverse RG?

Just Thoughts.......Advance thank you for the inputs......

I have a third router, the brand is Linksys, how do you cascade it? for it not to give an IP.... and how do you disable the wireless capability of the uverse RG?

HELP! How do you disable the wireless for the U-verse RG? And how to cascade the other router?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2009 8:33:38 PM
(0)
Master

Joey_sun wrote:

http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=C01&THISPAGE=&NEXTPAGE=C01

disable it                  u may or may not need the passcode on the sticker on the rg3800

Joey_sun wrote:

http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=C01&THISPAGE=&NEXTPAGE=C01

disable it                  u may or may not need the passcode on the sticker on the rg3800

Re: HELP! How do you disable the wireless for the U-verse RG? And how to cascade the other router?

2 of 7 (5,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2009 8:40:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
THANKZ.... I'm surely gonna visit this link....
THANKZ.... I'm surely gonna visit this link....

Re: HELP! How do you disable the wireless for the U-verse RG? And how to cascade the other router?

3 of 7 (5,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2009 10:19:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
Just type home in the inet explorer bar.. Enter passwork, go to home network/wireless security settings, and click wireless security disabled, and save at the bottom.. Done
Just type home in the inet explorer bar.. Enter passwork, go to home network/wireless security settings, and click wireless security disabled, and save at the bottom.. Done

4 of 7 (5,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2009 10:29:09 AM
(0)
Guru
Message Edited by jimfitzgerald on 02-01-2009 09:36 PM
Message Edited by jimfitzgerald on 02-01-2009 09:36 PM

5 of 7 (5,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2009 10:31:27 AM
(0)
Scholar
yeah cause that post told exactly what to do once you click the link...
yeah cause that post told exactly what to do once you click the link...

6 of 7 (5,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2009 8:24:35 AM
(0)
Master

themood12 wrote:

I think this is incorrect as the poster wanted to disable wireless not disable the wireless security.

Go to this page and click the disable button next to "wireless". (http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C01&THISPAGE=&NEXTPAGE=C01)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

Message Edited by Computer-Joe on 02-05-2009 10:27 AM

themood12 wrote:

I think this is incorrect as the poster wanted to disable wireless not disable the wireless security.

Go to this page and click the disable button next to "wireless". (http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C01&THISPAGE=&NEXTPAGE=C01)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.

Message Edited by Computer-Joe on 02-05-2009 10:27 AM

neon_sign.jpg

7 of 7 (5,700 Views)