Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2010
8:12:43 PM
View profile
HDMI fix...not...now a new (old) issue

Just recently I tried the HDMI stuff again, since there was that fix in place, well the fix here in KS didn't work and I had wayyyy to many dropouts with HDMI....so I hooked up the Optical cable again...but now my old problem is back...from a previous post.

I think I'm having a specific problem with my HT set-up

Here is my issue...I have an Onkyo 606 receiver...Toslink out for audio from the STB to receiver and composite for video out of the STB to the receiver. HDMI from the receiver to the TV for the video.

All I'm getting is 2.1 sound regardless of the channels including the HD's...when I initially turn on the receiver it comes up with the Audessey EQ light on the receiver then immediately (within 2 secs) switches to "direct". In that brief time of audessey EQ I believe I have 5.1 sound but when it switches to "direct" it goes to 2.1 immmediately.

When watching a DVD...5.1 works just fine...

Help again please...

Just recently I tried the HDMI stuff again, since there was that fix in place, well the fix here in KS didn't work and I had wayyyy to many dropouts with HDMI....so I hooked up the Optical cable again...but now my old problem is back...from a previous post.

I think I'm having a specific problem with my HT set-up

Here is my issue...I have an Onkyo 606 receiver...Toslink out for audio from the STB to receiver and composite for video out of the STB to the receiver. HDMI from the receiver to the TV for the video.

All I'm getting is 2.1 sound regardless of the channels including the HD's...when I initially turn on the receiver it comes up with the Audessey EQ light on the receiver then immediately (within 2 secs) switches to "direct". In that brief time of audessey EQ I believe I have 5.1 sound but when it switches to "direct" it goes to 2.1 immmediately.

When watching a DVD...5.1 works just fine...

Help again please...

HDMI fix...not...now a new (old) issue

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2010 8:50:39 PM
(0)
Expert

You may want to leave your comments on the new 5.1 Fix thread; ATT employee is there collecting feedback.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/5-1-Audio-Fix-Implementation-Your-Feedback-Needed/td-p/255899

You may want to leave your comments on the new 5.1 Fix thread; ATT employee is there collecting feedback.

http://utalk.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/5-1-Audio-Fix-Implementation-Your-Feedback-Needed/td-p/255899

Re: HDMI fix...not...now a new (old) issue

2 of 3 (706 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2010 12:50:21 AM
(0)
Expert

Re: HDMI fix...not...now a new (old) issue

3 of 3 (660 Views)
Advanced