10-09-2009 11:28 AM
I am going crazy trying to setup firewall to allow traffic through.
3800HGV-B Gateway Software: 184.108.40.206
Mac Min on Wireless
VMWare Ubuntu VM image
I have VMware Fusion running on my mac mini. I have Ubuntu linux server running in the VMware Fusion instance. I had this setup working with Comcast before I switched to U-Verse. Now I am trying to get this to work in U-Verse environment.
1. Go to the http://gateway.2wire.net
- Select Firewall
- Select Firewall Settings
- Select my Ubuntu IP addess from drop down
- Select applications that I want throught the firewall, SSH and Web Server.
- click done button.
- click Firewall summary and verify device and services are listed.
2. Update Dyndns with Public IP address.
- get public IP Address from the Broadband Summary from the Gateway.
- Update dynnds with Public IP
3. Test Connectivity
- SSH on U-Verse Network with private IP, 192.168....
- HTTP on U-Verson Network with Private IP
- SSH on U-Verse Network with Public IP (FAIL)
- HTTP on U-Verse network with Public IP (FAIL)
- SSH on external network with Public IP (FAIL)
- HTTP on external network with Public IP (FAIL)
- Noticed in the Home Network Summary the Ubuntu VM Device is show as "inactive"
- Verified that Ubuntu VM can connect to the network and internet. In additon, I could still connect from U-Verse netowrk via SSH. Gateway still says it is inactive.
10-09-2009 1:15 PM
10-09-2009 2:08 PM
*** Update ***
I followed these instructions, http://communities.vmware.com/message/1106124 to port forward my mac mini to a NAT'ed VMWare Fusion Virtual Machine running on the Mac Mini. I have abandoned the bridged network configuration for now since this works.
10-09-2009 5:15 PM
The U-Verse RG does not allow multihomed machines. Each individual IP address must also have a unique MAC address.
This is what's wrong with the VMware Fusion config -- the VM has a different IP but the same MAC address as the host, which will not work with the U-Verse RG.
Reconfigure VMware Fusion to use separate MAC addresses for the host and the guest OS and it will work properly.
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!