Posted Dec 12, 2010
5:55:12 PM
Freezing

So I'm getting some occasional freezing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Here are some realtime screenshots (no coax):

So I'm getting some occasional freezing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Here are some realtime screenshots (no coax):

Freezing

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2010 6:08:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

i have the same problem. ive had technicians out 4 times and they say its fixed then happens again. im switching back to my old provider i think. 

i have the same problem. ive had technicians out 4 times and they say its fixed then happens again. im switching back to my old provider i think. 

Re: Freezing

2 of 9 (1,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2010 10:35:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Post the error table too so we can see any errors on the line causing your problems.  Also, is your homerun from NID to RG cat5e (since no coax devices were found)? :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Post the error table too so we can see any errors on the line causing your problems.  Also, is your homerun from NID to RG cat5e (since no coax devices were found)? :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (1,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 3:49:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by reliusrr on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:50:52 PM

Here is the error table. As far as the coax question, i don't know.  My install appt was for a wednesday and on tuesday i got a call at work saying the guy was coming over to do the outside portion a day early.  so i don't know the answer :smileysad:

Here is the error table. As far as the coax question, i don't know.  My install appt was for a wednesday and on tuesday i got a call at work saying the guy was coming over to do the outside portion a day early.  so i don't know the answer :smileysad:

[ Edited ]
4 of 9 (967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 3:56:14 PM
(0)
Expert

Do you have any black, round cables at the back of any STBs/DVR/RG?

Do you have any black, round cables at the back of any STBs/DVR/RG?

5 of 9 (957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 4:01:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by reliusrr on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:03:11 PM

I only have one STB and no its not coax but ethernet (thcker telephone wire looking cable, although it IS black :smileywink: )

I only have one STB and no its not coax but ethernet (thcker telephone wire looking cable, although it IS black :smileywink: )

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 4:07:47 PM
(0)
Expert

OK, then you must be straight Cat5 from the NID.

All Ethernet at the back of your RG as well?

(Didn't mean to imply you didn't know what coax looks like, but we've had that question before.) :smileywink:

OK, then you must be straight Cat5 from the NID.

All Ethernet at the back of your RG as well?

(Didn't mean to imply you didn't know what coax looks like, but we've had that question before.) :smileywink:

7 of 9 (934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 4:50:13 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm seeing way more errors on your Error Table tab than I'd like to see on a line such as yours.  Your bitloading graph looks to have an indication of a possible bridge tap on the line since I'm seeing a wave-form pattern to the bit-layout.

Please see this thread for details on how to contact David and Matt in the Tier-2 Technical Support Group, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.  They will be able to look at your line and determine if there are any possible issues outside of what the uVerse Real Time app can diagnose.

http://forums.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/my-contact-thread/td-p/2381353

I'm seeing way more errors on your Error Table tab than I'd like to see on a line such as yours.  Your bitloading graph looks to have an indication of a possible bridge tap on the line since I'm seeing a wave-form pattern to the bit-layout.

Please see this thread for details on how to contact David and Matt in the Tier-2 Technical Support Group, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.  They will be able to look at your line and determine if there are any possible issues outside of what the uVerse Real Time app can diagnose.

http://forums.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/my-contact-thread/td-p/2381353

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

8 of 9 (916 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2010 6:45:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by reliusrr on Dec 13, 2010 at 6:50:48 PM

spd2demuny - no worries and yup all ethernet

trparky - ok thank you

spd2demuny - no worries and yup all ethernet