Freezing---18 months of horrible TV service

Tutor

Freezing---18 months of horrible TV service

I've had over 18 months of freezing on all SD and HD channels via UVERSE.  The techs that keep coming out stated that there are over 20+ people in my area with the issue.  They refer it to the line techs who claim nothing is wrong and push it back to the service techs again.  I've gone through this circle of events more times that I can remember and even a complaint to the BBB hasn't helped.

I've even contacted the executive office to no avail... any advice?  I really enjoy the product, but have yet to get my $$$$ worth.

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: Freezing---18 months of horrible TV service

Call support and ask to be transferred to retentions.  Explain your situation and ask for a credit based on the fact that you still do not have stable services.  Many customers dealing with ongoing issues get credits which could include a one-time credit as well as an monthly credit for up to 6 months. 

Also, you should try to get escalated to 2nd tier support and explain your situation if you haven't already done this.  You speciically need to explain the history of the issue so they don't treat it like a first time issue.

Message 2 of 10
Tutor

I've tried that before...twice.  The executive office stated that a tier 2 would contact me today.  Whenever I've asked for credit, they'll give me a few bucks for a few days of service.  However I have the full UVERSE package and they get my autopay every month.

There's obviously an area problem if 20+ people are experiencing the issue.... their last solution was to lower me down to 1HD stream without telling me (they did it twice).  I've run tests on my lines internally (worked fine with TWC and Dish) and everything is fine.  I'm at a loss here...

Sorry to sound like I'm bit**ing, but that's a lot of money going down the drain.

Message 3 of 10
Guru

Alright, it does seem like you're getting the run around and yeah, I know that it can be frustrating not knowing who can help you get it fixed and fixed right.  Well, you came to the right place.

Send an email to uversecare@att.com.  It may take a day or two for you to receive a reply back, but these guys are good.  You may have to wait but they are well worth the wait.  These guys at uversecare@att.com are Tier-2 Technicians, they aren't your average phone script reader.  These are guys that have fixed issues for people like yourself that felt they had nowhere to turn.

All you have to do is send an email uversecare@att.com with your uVerse Account Number, a good phone number to be called at and a time to be called at as well.  Try and explain the situation as best as you can, the more information you can give them the better.  If you have past tickets that you are aware of for your account, reference them as well in the email.

Don't give up hope yet, David and Matt (the guys behind uversecare@att.com) are good, they will get this fixed and fixed right.

Message 4 of 10
Scholar

I got closer to $30 off per month for 6 months by talking to retentions.

The fact that your existing wiring seems to work with TWC and Dish is mostly meaningless when used for a UVerse install.  If you are in fact dealing with a localized issue shared amongst 20+ people, then there must be some external issue unrelated to your internal wiring.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Master

Banzai wrote:

I got closer to $30 off per month for 6 months by talking to retentions.

The fact that your existing wiring seems to work with TWC and Dish is mostly meaningless when used for a UVerse install.  If you are in fact dealing with a localized issue shared amongst 20+ people, then there must be some external issue unrelated to your internal wiring.

Indeed.  To the OP.  You should have gotten some credit for the 18 months that you have been having issues.  You must be really patient...................

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
Tutor

The service is working as of Tuesday night.... I received a $200 credit for my troubles as well.  I just wish I knew what the real issue was....

I almost went to DirecTV....scary thought huh?

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Master

UTEPjazz wrote:

The service is working as of Tuesday night.... I received a $200 credit for my troubles as well.  I just wish I knew what the real issue was....

I almost went to DirecTV....scary thought huh?

Glad that you got it taken care of and that you got some credit for the down time / bad quality.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

When you have a problem with a utility company (who can't seem to fix the problem and won't give you fair compensation) you need to send any disputed portion of payment with an explanation to your states Public Utilities Commission (PUC). (They should be listed on the back of your bill.) Pay any undisputed portion to the utility company. The PUC will investigate and decide whether or not you deserve any refund, if so, how much. Then the PUC will distribute the funds you deposited with them. As long as you have made a payment to the PUC the utility company can not turn off your service.   

I would definately continue to file complaints with the BBB. Eventually they will all add up and then the utility will take notice!

Message 9 of 10
Expert

The OP appears to be happy now and received credited amount as requested.
Sounds like you have a lot of experience in the area of filing PUC/BBB complaints?

nancysp wrote:

When you have a problem with a utility company (who can't seem to fix the problem and won't give you fair compensation) you need to send any disputed portion of payment with an explanation to your states Public Utilities Commission (PUC). (They should be listed on the back of your bill.) Pay any undisputed portion to the utility company. The PUC will investigate and decide whether or not you deserve any refund, if so, how much. Then the PUC will distribute the funds you deposited with them. As long as you have made a payment to the PUC the utility company can not turn off your service.   

I would definately continue to file complaints with the BBB. Eventually they will all add up and then the utility will take notice!

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support