Helpful Links

Forward jump too long (38 seconds)

Forward jump too long (38 seconds)

The jump forward feature should be 30 seconds each press NOT 38 seconds.  That is the most stupid thing to have 38 seconds each forward jump, commercials are 30 seconds increments.  AND there is no slow motion feature.  ATT uverse DVR SUCKS.

Message 1 of 35
Expert

Re: Forward jump too long (38 seconds)

Welcome to U-verse and the forum! 

Message 2 of 35
Highlighted
Scholar

I long ago gave up on pressing the FWD button but use FF instead.  Press FF and watch for the resumption of your program and then press PLAY.  It will back up a few seconds and start playing.

In fact, I often press FF twice which is super fast forward and it gets thru the commercials in 3-4 seconds (I think).  You have to keep your eye on the screen and finger poised over the PLAY button.  Sometimes I then press REW if it went too far.

Bernie in CT

Message 3 of 35
Expert

I usually push the fwd button once or twice and then ff for the remainder of the commercial break.  If I go too far into my recording I push the back jump button a couple of times.  Since it only goes back in 7 second increments.  There are time when I just hit the pause button when I am using the fwd jump button, and that stops the recording at whatever point I want.

Message 4 of 35

None of you understand my point.  I don't want to have to go through all the crap you all are describing.   I have had TIVO and Comcast DVR's and they both have 30 second jumps and work quite well.  Also, when watching a recorded football game for example, the 30 second jump is PERFECT when hit at the end of a play to get to the beginning of the next play. The 38 second jump MAKES NO SENSE NO SENSE NO SENSE.  Thirty EIGHT seconds?!?!?!  WTH is that? NO ONE does 38 seconds BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE.  38?? no no no no no.  30 seconds is STANDARD industry. ATT has it WRONG. I will not recommend this stupidity to anyone.  38 seconds????  C'mon man.

Message 5 of 35
Scholar

OK, we got it.  But it is what it is and when it is better it will be better.

Message 6 of 35

Nice business motto: It is what it is and we will charge you an arm and a leg for it so pay your bill and shut the heck up.  Gotta love ATT.  The bigger we are the worse we can be and you have nothing to say about it.  ATT SUCKS! And until they make this SIMPLE and LOGICAL programming change I will never recommend ATT to anyone for anything.  Yes, I am one unhappy customer right now.  Maybe they can change that, we'll see.

Message 7 of 35
Expert

None of us are officially AT&T employees; we're users like yourself just trying to help other users.

raidermush wrote:

Nice business motto: It is what it is and we will charge you an arm and a leg for it so pay your bill and shut the heck up.  Gotta love ATT.  The bigger we are the worse we can be and you have nothing to say about it.  ATT SUCKS! And until they make this SIMPLE and LOGICAL programming change I will never recommend ATT to anyone for anything.  Yes, I am one unhappy customer right now.  Maybe they can change that, we'll see.

Message 8 of 35
Expert

We were offering workarounds of the services as they are right now.  As Spd said we are subs just like you and are subject to the same issues with the service as you are.  Hopefully you can reach someone in ATT that can make the changes that you want. 

Message 9 of 35

Sorry for the rants, thanks for the suggestions.  Just don't understand their logic behind the one off of a long time industry standard (the 30 second commercial). 

Message 10 of 35
Expert

It used to be 30 seconds, but after the rollout of phase 2 thdvr it got changed.  We don't know why, we just try to make the best of it.  Maybe in phase 3 it will go back to 30 seconds or get bumped up to 1 minute.  IMHO

Message 11 of 35
Expert

All I can offer is that hopefully they will work on this soon.  Those of us who've had UV from the beginning have seen MANY improvements/changes.  Currently, they have an ATT Engineer in our forum asking for direct feedback on the 5.1 sound dropout issue; that's a first! 

Message 12 of 35
ACE - Master

raidermush wrote:

Sorry for the rants, thanks for the suggestions.  Just don't understand their logic behind the one off of a long time industry standard (the 30 second commercial). 

The Fast Forward button with "rollback" is much better.  I normally FF until I see the show come back on and then it rolls back.  I normally can time it to where I only have to watch the tail end of the last commercial in the block, usually about 5 seconds.  My Son-in-law stated that Comcast's DVR now "rolls back," too.

No worries about the rants - luckily you didn't get too many of the "Love it (UV) or leave it" type replies but we are a generally a helpful bunch.  Welcome. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 35
Scholar

No it works right, FF 38secs then RW 7secs, and you are there. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 14 of 35
Scholar

tony520 wrote:

No it works right, FF 38secs then RW 7secs, and you are there. Smiley Very Happy 

Unless your remote is different than mine, you need to take a closer look at your remote.  The bar under the PAUSE button says REPLAY (back up 7 seconds) on the left and FWD (ahead 38 seconds) on the right side.  The bar over the PAUSE button says REW on the left and FF on the right.  REW and FF keep going until you press PLAY or some other keys to stop it, and go faster if that button is pressed a 2nd time.

Bernie in CT

Message 15 of 35
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support