Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Feb 21, 2009
6:20:40 PM
First day and I'm already in need of support.
The tech guy came about 6 hours ago and everything was fine. The TV was up and running and our Internet was great. All of a sudden my wireless signal dropped out and I don't know what to do about it. I tried resetting the modem (I don't know what the box is called) by pressing the reset button on the back and letting it cycle, as well as unplugging it and waiting for someone to connect. Beyond that I've made sure I can connect to other net works with my computer (Mac OSX) and it can with out any issues The internet works when plugged in with an Ethernet cable. I've gone into the settings of it and disabled wireless and enabled it again. I'm not sure what else I can do. Any help? :smileysad:

First day and I'm already in need of support.

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2009 10:24:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

In your status bar at the top right hand side when you pull the menu down is it showing your current 2wire or what ever name you gave it also are all the bands showing in the symbol if the top 2 are greyed out

weak signal if all 4 are dark then proceed to the RG and change to another channel I found on a Mac the use of I- Stumbler a free download will tell you what channels your neighbors are using what the signal

strenght and noise on the line find a channel with the least amount of traffic also if you are using a 2.4ghz cordless phone near the RG it can cause issues since it is 802.11 b/g. I also found WPA/WPA2 PERSONNEL works best on the Mac. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: First day and I'm already in need of support.

2 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 7:52:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi oz,

No, the connection is not showing up in my airport what so ever. It's finding plenty of other signals but not my own uverse signal.

I will look at i-stumbler and go from there. I also called them and they said there is an update going on this weekend and the tech support seemed pretty useless. :-( 

3 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 8:11:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just for grins try turning airport on and off I had to do that once a month before 10.5.6 was released because it would drop connection but that was a while ago and it was a conflict with the internal g card.

I assume you have the latest security update which fixed an airport issue the previous one broke. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2009 7:00:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
We got a new RG and everything is fine. Thank the lord.

5 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 1:43:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Glad everything worked out.  Enjoy.

6 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 1:58:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Almost. Now I'm still waiting on my HD signal. I have no idea why it is not coming through. I just keep being told to wait.

7 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:20:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
How long were you told you had to wait?

8 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:24:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Well we got it installed Saturday, like I said. They said it might take a few hours or possibly until midnight (we were the first install of the day). I called on Sunday and they told me it might be until midnight again so I patiently waited. I got up and went to work and now I'm here with no HD and I called and they said they can't do anything to wait until tomorrow. :-( It's so frustrating and not a good way to start off my service. 

9 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:45:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I don't know if you have tried this already but, do a reset of your stb and see if you get the channels.  To do a reset just press and hold the power button until the lights flash on the stb.  It should take about 3 to 5 minutes for it to come back on.

10 of 16 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:51:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
Yeah, I've done it each night at midnight and when I got home today. :-( Nothing at all. I reset each box and the main RG too.

11 of 16 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 2:55:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Shoot David an email and let him know how long you have been waiting for your hd.

http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=calling&message.id=344&query.id=4611#M344

12 of 16 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 3:10:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
You got it. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I sent him an e-mail with all of the information.

13 of 16 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 3:27:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
He is a good person to contact to get the results you want.

14 of 16 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 3:33:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Awesome. Well I sent over my info. The results I want are just what I'm paying for so I figure it shouldn't be hard. Haha. Thanks for the link and help, buddy.

15 of 16 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2009 6:03:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Your welcome.

16 of 16 (522 Views)