Ask a question

Posted May 13, 2011
    1:22:48 PM
    View profile
    Fault Error at 3,000ft

Service went nuts again techs found more issues with intermitten lost in Signal. Turns out they found at each terminal long the run between me and the Vrad there are these 80 year old tap bridges which aren't used no more but they are still in place. These things causing issues. Oh yeah another port going bad too. Something going on.

Fault Error at 3,000ft

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 13, 2011 2:30:23 PM
    (0)
    Professor

Mikro wrote:

Service went nuts again techs found more issues with intermitten lost in Signal. Turns out they found at each terminal long the run between me and the Vrad there are these 80 year old tap bridges which aren't used no more but they are still in place. These things causing issues. Oh yeah another port going bad too. Something going on.

That would be bridge taps.... Being 3000 feet from the vrad did you ask if pair bonding might help your situation?

Re: Fault Error at 3,000ft

2 of 3 (336 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 13, 2011 3:28:02 PM
    (0)
    Guru

jfw wrote:

Mikro wrote:

That would be bridge taps.... Being 3000 feet from the vrad did you ask if pair bonding might help your situation?

I'm 3,200 feet from vrad at a 20mbps profile the pair bonding needs the other setup and they have to get special permission for those installs because the RG winds up mounted on the house and not indoors like my current setup.

The tech also mention if the area has a large enough subscriber base they could run fiber to the home. But only large areas that can Justify the cost of running the fiber from the Vrad to the Home which there fixin to do soon but didn't know when.

Re: Fault Error at 3,000ft

3 of 3 (323 Views)