Fast Forward Comcast Sports Net games is broken

Tutor

Fast Forward Comcast Sports Net games is broken

The last two Cubs games I've recorded I can't fast forward--everything else works fine with both the DVR and all other programs (i.e. they all fast forward just fine). When I click the "skip" fast forward button it just kind of stops for a second, and then continues where it left off. Same when I hit the FF button. This has occurred for the last 2 games in a row. I've tried all but a factory reset. I also did some research online and found that there IS an option that broadcasters can enable in the signal to prevent the FF from working for their program and that it's never supposed to be set for TV.....and that ATT is the only company that actually provides software/hardware that will honor this flag. I hope there is another explanation.
Message 1 of 31
Contributor

Re: Fast Forward Comcast Sports Net games is broken

I have the same problem with comcast sports programming (Only happens during the Giants or A's games).  Replaced the DVR and still a problem.  Apparently comcast is doing something to cause this to happen.  Mine only happens on the High Def channel 1770.   The digital channel 770 works OK with the DVR.  I must have called AT&T 4 times in the last 2 weeks and according to them, I was the only one having this problem.  We need to get up a petition among Giants Fans who have Uverse.   Will this also happen to Sacramento Kings games later on?

Larry S.

Message 16 of 31
Teacher

You are not alone, Shirkey. You should get a ticket and report it. See thread:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/DVR-won-t-fast-forward-a-recorded-show/td-p/241659

Message 17 of 31
Contributor

I have been experiencing the same exact problem with Comcast Sports.  I have not noticed it on other recordings.   Unable to fast forward or skip recorded shows...  It's driving me nuts.   

Message 18 of 31
sst
Teacher

Its driving me nuts too

Any ideas how to get this out on the internet to potential new customers??

Message 19 of 31
Expert

sst wrote:

Its driving me nuts too

Any ideas how to get this out on the internet to potential new customers??

You are on the internet!

Message 20 of 31
Expert

:smileysurprised:

Message 21 of 31
Employee

if it's affecting you please let me know... the more the merrier and it's rather easy since I have a group tracking sheet going I can just add to it.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 22 of 31
Tutor

I'm having this issue with Cubs games on Comcast Sportsnet HD (channel 1741) in Wheeling, IL.

The main thread for this issue appears to be here:

http://utalk.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/DVR-won-t-fast-forward-a-recorded-show/td-p/241659

I posted my info there as well.  You should also contact David using the details in that thread as he is collecting info about this issue for AT&T.

Message 23 of 31
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes.. Having the same problem... I am really happy with my whole U-verse setup but this is enough to get me to change to Comcast if they do not resolve this soon.

Also.. I recommend Uverse to all my fiends and now I am cautioning them to stay away. ..

I would be curioius to know anyone who is looking to switch

sentabo1 wrote:

Same thing is happening tonight.

Does anybody know if either Direct TV or Comcast has the same problem? I am going to discontinue AT&T, 'cuz I have to be able to use my DVR for Giants games, but I don't want to make a switch and find out the same thing is happening.

Message 24 of 31
Contributor

Same issue here... started a couple weeks back. Any resolution to this yet?

Message 25 of 31
Employee

If this is still happening to you and you are now seeing this message and haven't e-mailed me yet please do so. 

Thanks

David

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 26 of 31
Contributor

I have the same problem here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  Comcast HD 1770 does not fast forward.

I contacted support and he reluctantly told me that it is likely something that ATT is doing with that particular channel as an agreement with comcast.  I don't believe a fix is coming.

Message 27 of 31
Contributor

I suspect you're right and ATT better make it right. If I go discovery on these guys for the contract and not disclosing to customers, it's going to get messy in a hurry.

Message 28 of 31
Expert

Is that a threat?  Are you an attorney? :smileysurprised:

See the earlier post by David; let him know as requested. :smileywink:

billybean wrote:

I suspect you're right and ATT better make it right. If I go discovery on these guys for the contract and not disclosing to customers, it's going to get messy in a hurry.

Message 29 of 31
Expert

These posts can get pretty interesting can't they?

Message 30 of 31
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support