Helpful Links

Face time on U-verse

Contributor

Face time on U-verse

My first post so.....here it is.   Since the technology exist and with a TV that would support it,  how far is AT&T away from offering facetime thru U-verse?   I mean everything is doe over the internet anyway, right.  And face time is used via WIFI. 

Message 1 of 5

Re: Face time on U-verse

Being Facetime is Apple software meant to only be ran on Apple products (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 2 and Mac computers), I don't see U-verse legally being able to support Facetime, also, being that the U-verse DVRs/STBs run Microsoft Mediaroom, Microsoft being Apple's rival, I don't see Microsoft supporting Apple's spftware on thier IPTV software

It may be possible, if Microsoft and at&t ever chooses to, that instead of using Apple's Facetime software, Microsoft could use their own MSN Live messenger videochat software (Also used as part of the Xbox 360's VideoKinect videochat program)

Message 2 of 5
Master

The new Panasonic Tv's with Skype will do it over Uverse and it is an available app now it works I use it from Mac/iPhone

and HP to a friends Panny V25  50" with optional camera.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

oz_1 wrote:

The new Panasonic Tv's with Skype will do it over Uverse and it is an available app now it works I use it from Mac/iPhone

Are you sure that it's facetime and not Skype that you're using?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Master

americangame wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Are you sure that it's facetime and not Skype that you're using?

Thats why I said Skype because its an available app for the iPhone and newer TV's such as the Panny come with a Skype camera option.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support