Extremely slow connection - can't stream YouTube or Netflix

Contributor

Extremely slow connection - can't stream YouTube or Netflix

My 12/1.5 U-verse connection has been killer slow over the past week or so. I can't stream even regular def. YouTube videos without with killer lag. Netflix is pretty much unusable. It's the case for all of my PCs.

Below are my Realtime screenshots:

Message 1 of 5 (3,379 Views)
Expert

Re: Extremely slow connection - can't stream YouTube or Netflix

It does not appear that there is anything wrong with your line.

You may want to contact David & Matt's team and see if they can determine what is going on.  Click on the "AT&T Links" tab in my signature and click the "AT&T Social Media Support Team" link.  This will link you to a thread that gives you instructions on how to contact David & Matt.

Message 2 of 5 (3,363 Views)
Employee

Got torrents up?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (3,273 Views)
Contributor

no torrents

Message 4 of 5 (3,251 Views)
Scholar

my guess would be to quickly try to suss out whether you have some data congestion inside your router.  If you run a speed test - do you get solid and predictable results?  Do you have multiple computers vie-ing for access?  What are some of the details behind your computer and other equipment you are using to get to youtube / netflix.  Wireless connection, wired, other apps running, got enough memory available ... ?

Do your other Uverse services appear to be working fine?  TV up and functional?

Message 5 of 5 (3,171 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.