Ethernet connection issue

Contributor

Ethernet connection issue

Overnight I appear to have lost my Ethernet connection. When I attempt to log on to the Internet via uverse Ethernet connection I get a connection problem message. Ran network diagnostics for windows; it says to check the Ethernet cable. I replaced the ethernet cable but no luck. According to the 2wire modem I have uverse service (green), I have broadband (green), I have wireless (green), and my Ethernet light is blinking green.
Any suggestions out there for what to try next?
Message 1 of 6 (530 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Ethernet connection issue

Did you try a different ethernet port on the RG?  How about rebooting the RG?

Message 2 of 6 (521 Views)
ACE - Expert

Your ethernet cable is plugged in to the RG? First try would be reboot the RG by pulling the plug. Do it when you are not recording or watching TV. Did you check the TV service?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (520 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried rebooting the rg with no success. Uverse tv is working fine. Will work at it again tomorrow.
Message 4 of 6 (493 Views)
ACE - Expert

This sounds like a problem I just saw with a friends DSL - everything seemed to be working but, no internet. Seems the system uses a password - your att e-mail address  - to authenticate/communicate with the ISP.

In my friends case he lost this part of the functionality when he hit the reset button on the DSL modem. It was an at&t tech that got it going again.

Maybe best you call it in.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)
ACE - Expert

Kenv51 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried rebooting the rg with no success. Uverse tv is working fine. Will work at it again tomorrow.

Did you reboot the computer?  That will do a cold reconnection that should be successful, good luck. Smiley Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 6 of 6 (470 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.