Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 30, 2008
7:15:36 PM
View profile
Epson Artisan 800 wirless printer set up issues

I just had ATT U-verse installed and LOVE it.. one problem I can't get my new Artisan 800 printer to connect via wireless..

I follow the instructions supplied by the manufacturer and everything seems it's going well.. it downloads the settings to the printer and then the final steps where the printer tries to connect back to the network fails.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Thank your for your support in advance.

I just had ATT U-verse installed and LOVE it.. one problem I can't get my new Artisan 800 printer to connect via wireless..

I follow the instructions supplied by the manufacturer and everything seems it's going well.. it downloads the settings to the printer and then the final steps where the printer tries to connect back to the network fails.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Thank your for your support in advance.

Epson Artisan 800 wirless printer set up issues

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2008 8:46:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well I got it working you have to reset the network settings on the printer to factory default... then log in to the ATT UVerse Router IP address and passcode are on the ATT Modem.  Once in click on the IP address for the printer and click on Firewall settings and open it up for all applications.  Once this is done redo the install from the manifacture software for the printer and BINGO  your good to go.

Well I got it working you have to reset the network settings on the printer to factory default... then log in to the ATT UVerse Router IP address and passcode are on the ATT Modem.  Once in click on the IP address for the printer and click on Firewall settings and open it up for all applications.  Once this is done redo the install from the manifacture software for the printer and BINGO  your good to go.

Re: Epson Artisan 800 wirless printer set up issues

2 of 6 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2008 3:29:41 AM
(0)
Employee

Pemorej wrote:

Thanks for posting your detailed solution. You may want to click on the Solution Button to mark this solved.

Message Edited by Escapee on 10-31-2008 06:31 AM

Pemorej wrote:

Thanks for posting your detailed solution. You may want to click on the Solution Button to mark this solved.

Message Edited by Escapee on 10-31-2008 06:31 AM
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2008 11:42:56 AM
(0)
Guru
Good you got it working.  I hooked mine up to the RG (wired) so didn't try the wireless connect.  Works great with my laptop and I don't have to turn on the desktop like before.  Great printer IMHO!!
Good you got it working.  I hooked mine up to the RG (wired) so didn't try the wireless connect.  Works great with my laptop and I don't have to turn on the desktop like before.  Great printer IMHO!!

4 of 6 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2009 10:32:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a ne epson workforce 600...similar to this one and having gthe same problem.  I'm not technical at all so i don't understand his solution.  Just how do i sign into the IP address to change it?  Can someone walk me through in simple language?  I realy want to set up my printer wirelessly and Sundays are just about the only day i have time to sit and try and of course both places tell me they are closed!  Help please!

Thanks!!!!

I have a ne epson workforce 600...similar to this one and having gthe same problem.  I'm not technical at all so i don't understand his solution.  Just how do i sign into the IP address to change it?  Can someone walk me through in simple language?  I realy want to set up my printer wirelessly and Sundays are just about the only day i have time to sit and try and of course both places tell me they are closed!  Help please!

Thanks!!!!

5 of 6 (1,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2009 8:52:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
Same problem. I have the Workforce 600. I installed it fine originally. All of a sudden it stopped working. Then I switched to U-Verse as my ISP. Now I am going through the setup again, trying to get it to work. I have gone through all the steps listed above, but when I get to the last screen (looking for connection to the network) it never finds the network. Help! It's a $300 paperweight right now.
Same problem. I have the Workforce 600. I installed it fine originally. All of a sudden it stopped working. Then I switched to U-Verse as my ISP. Now I am going through the setup again, trying to get it to work. I have gone through all the steps listed above, but when I get to the last screen (looking for connection to the network) it never finds the network. Help! It's a $300 paperweight right now.

6 of 6 (1,455 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments