Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 15, 2010
1:27:41 PM
E mail " recipient@att.net "

Is this mass e mailing??? Does everybody get e mails that have recipient@att.net ???  Can't block it and why does ATT allow this???

Is this mass e mailing??? Does everybody get e mails that have recipient@att.net ???  Can't block it and why does ATT allow this???

E mail " recipient@att.net "

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 1:43:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have never seen anything like that (and won't see that particular one as I'm sbcglobal.net). :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Have never seen anything like that (and won't see that particular one as I'm sbcglobal.net). :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-866-465-1496 for direct TS to avoid Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: E mail " recipient@att.net "

2 of 6 (462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2010 6:20:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have VOIP service?  Were you doing anything specific to get that notification?

Do you have VOIP service?  Were you doing anything specific to get that notification?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 3:42:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

When I look @ the email and in the "To" it sez recipient@att.net and not my email address. That why I think it's mass emailed.

Yes I have VOIP

When I look @ the email and in the "To" it sez recipient@att.net and not my email address. That why I think it's mass emailed.

Yes I have VOIP

4 of 6 (462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 3:46:13 PM
(0)
Guru

twisted_pair wrote:

Yes I have VOIP

Never seen such a thing myself.

I'd bet the "recipient" address is bogus and the real addresses were bcc'd.

twisted_pair wrote:

Yes I have VOIP

Never seen such a thing myself.

I'd bet the "recipient" address is bogus and the real addresses were bcc'd.

5 of 6 (462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2010 3:38:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is from someone who has added you to their mailing list.  It could be a friend or family member who is sending the email to friends or family.  On the other hand, seeing that you did not tell us it was from one of them, you probably have gotten yourself on a spam list.  I do not want AT&T to stop the ability of sending this kind of email because my family and I email quite frequently this way. 

It is from someone who has added you to their mailing list.  It could be a friend or family member who is sending the email to friends or family.  On the other hand, seeing that you did not tell us it was from one of them, you probably have gotten yourself on a spam list.  I do not want AT&T to stop the ability of sending this kind of email because my family and I email quite frequently this way. 

6 of 6 (462 Views)