Discount for veterans

Mentor

Discount for veterans

Does AT&T offer a discount for disabled veterans or veterans in general for any U-Verse service? 

Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: Discount for veterans

That would be nice if they did.  Call cs using one of the phone numbers in my sig and inquire.

Message 2 of 8

I'm retired US Navy and didn't get any military discount.  Very few companies actually give a military discount any more.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 8
Expert

That's sad. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8

Yes it is.  There used to be discounts at almost any store you went to if there was a base in the area, mostly to try and compete with the base exchanges. Now, not so much.  A few fast food places and restaurants will give military discounts, but that number is rapidly dwindling.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 5 of 8
Former Moderator
Moved:

Heads up

These posts have been moved to the Off-topic forum and renamed for the sake of relevance.  Please keep this thread on the topic of discounts for Uverse.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

They say they have a discount but the stipulations are strict and it does not apply to the Next installment plan.  We would have to switch to a 2 year contract and after all is said and done we would be paying twice as much for service than what we pay now on the Next plan.  What a scam.  AT&T has zero regard for veterans.  I was trying to lower our bill so we could afford to obtain a phone that would be compatible for my husband's hearing aids that were provided by the VA.  Why can't they just give a certain percent discount across the board for veterans?  Even a mere 10% would be of great benefit.  We all know they can afford it.  It would be a tax write-off anyway.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

trl359 wrote:

They say they have a discount but the stipulations are strict and it does not apply to the Next installment plan.  We would have to switch to a 2 year contract and after all is said and done we would be paying twice as much for service than what we pay now on the Next plan.  What a scam.  AT&T has zero regard for veterans.  I was trying to lower our bill so we could afford to obtain a phone that would be compatible for my husband's hearing aids that were provided by the VA.  Why can't they just give a certain percent discount across the board for veterans?  Even a mere 10% would be of great benefit.  We all know they can afford it.  It would be a tax write-off anyway.

This is the Uverse forum (TV/Internet/Home Phone) and you are talking about cell phone service. 

Plus, the original post is 4 years old.  I'm not sure how you resurrected a thread from the 2013 archives.  Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support