Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 2, 2011
5:37:25 PM
View profile
Discount for veterans

Does AT&T offer a discount for disabled veterans or veterans in general for any U-Verse service? 

Does AT&T offer a discount for disabled veterans or veterans in general for any U-Verse service? 

Discount for veterans

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 7:23:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That would be nice if they did.  Call cs using one of the phone numbers in my sig and inquire.

That would be nice if they did.  Call cs using one of the phone numbers in my sig and inquire.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Discount for veterans

2 of 8 (4,313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 3:00:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'm retired US Navy and didn't get any military discount.  Very few companies actually give a military discount any more.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I'm retired US Navy and didn't get any military discount.  Very few companies actually give a military discount any more.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (4,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2011 9:27:38 PM
(0)
Expert

That's sad. Smiley Sad

That's sad. Smiley Sad

4 of 8 (4,261 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2011 6:03:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes it is.  There used to be discounts at almost any store you went to if there was a base in the area, mostly to try and compete with the base exchanges. Now, not so much.  A few fast food places and restaurants will give military discounts, but that number is rapidly dwindling.

Yes it is.  There used to be discounts at almost any store you went to if there was a base in the area, mostly to try and compete with the base exchanges. Now, not so much.  A few fast food places and restaurants will give military discounts, but that number is rapidly dwindling.

5 of 8 (4,245 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2011 9:10:43 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by Tifa_Shines on May 9, 2011 at 8:50:07 AM

These posts have been moved to the Off-topic forum and renamed for the sake of relevance.  Please keep this thread on the topic of discounts for Uverse.  Thanks.

These posts have been moved to the Off-topic forum and renamed for the sake of relevance.  Please keep this thread on the topic of discounts for Uverse.  Thanks.

Heads up

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (4,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2015 3:09:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

They say they have a discount but the stipulations are strict and it does not apply to the Next installment plan.  We would have to switch to a 2 year contract and after all is said and done we would be paying twice as much for service than what we pay now on the Next plan.  What a scam.  AT&T has zero regard for veterans.  I was trying to lower our bill so we could afford to obtain a phone that would be compatible for my husband's hearing aids that were provided by the VA.  Why can't they just give a certain percent discount across the board for veterans?  Even a mere 10% would be of great benefit.  We all know they can afford it.  It would be a tax write-off anyway.

They say they have a discount but the stipulations are strict and it does not apply to the Next installment plan.  We would have to switch to a 2 year contract and after all is said and done we would be paying twice as much for service than what we pay now on the Next plan.  What a scam.  AT&T has zero regard for veterans.  I was trying to lower our bill so we could afford to obtain a phone that would be compatible for my husband's hearing aids that were provided by the VA.  Why can't they just give a certain percent discount across the board for veterans?  Even a mere 10% would be of great benefit.  We all know they can afford it.  It would be a tax write-off anyway.

7 of 8 (220 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2015 3:14:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

trl359 wrote:

This is the Uverse forum (TV/Internet/Home Phone) and you are talking about cell phone service. 

Plus, the original post is 4 years old.  I'm not sure how you resurrected a thread from the 2013 archives.  Smiley Frustrated

trl359 wrote:

This is the Uverse forum (TV/Internet/Home Phone) and you are talking about cell phone service. 

Plus, the original post is 4 years old.  I'm not sure how you resurrected a thread from the 2013 archives.  Smiley Frustrated

8 of 8 (215 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments