Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 17, 2011
9:17:50 PM
DVR won't record series set to first run only

Trying to record the new season of Tosh.0, and I can't get it to record the series when setting it to first run only.  I set it to first run and reruns, and it sets.  When I try first run only, I push the set record button, and it goes back to the guide with the white bar on top saying recording scheduled, but no red dots and it doesn't record.  I have other shows that record fine.  I've rebooted the boxes and gateway.  This has been going on since last year, and so far it seems to only happen with this show.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Trying to record the new season of Tosh.0, and I can't get it to record the series when setting it to first run only.  I set it to first run and reruns, and it sets.  When I try first run only, I push the set record button, and it goes back to the guide with the white bar on top saying recording scheduled, but no red dots and it doesn't record.  I have other shows that record fine.  I've rebooted the boxes and gateway.  This has been going on since last year, and so far it seems to only happen with this show.

Any ideas?

Thanks

DVR won't record series set to first run only

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2011 7:20:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Check the "Originally Aired" date on the episodes that are not getting picked up on "First Run".  The issue is that the guide data is probably not marking these as the original airings for some reason.

Check the "Originally Aired" date on the episodes that are not getting picked up on "First Run".  The issue is that the guide data is probably not marking these as the original airings for some reason.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR won't record series set to first run only

2 of 6 (871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 3:37:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

JefferMC wrote:

That is what happened when I tried to setup a series recording to "First Run".  I did check further in the guide and located a scheduled broadcast that was actually the original air date and set it to First Run.

JefferMC wrote:

That is what happened when I tried to setup a series recording to "First Run".  I did check further in the guide and located a scheduled broadcast that was actually the original air date and set it to First Run.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 4:54:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, that may be the issue.  I could've sworn that they said this episode was the start of the new season, though.  I'll have to look at that when I get home tonight to see when the last aired date was.  I guess it's probably not too far off to think that maybe the guide is just wrong, too.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, that may be the issue.  I could've sworn that they said this episode was the start of the new season, though.  I'll have to look at that when I get home tonight to see when the last aired date was.  I guess it's probably not too far off to think that maybe the guide is just wrong, too.

Thanks for the reply!

4 of 6 (829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 5:48:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

daisyjemma wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

And you would guess correctly.  The guide has been wrong on many occasions.

daisyjemma wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

And you would guess correctly.  The guide has been wrong on many occasions.

5 of 6 (825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2011 9:08:54 PM
(0)
Tutor
So, I just Checked what had recorded, and it says original air date was 5/17/11. so it really wasn't working. I then went in to the future scheduled programs and it showed tosh.0 scheduled to be recorded, so great, it's working. I then went and changed the setting to be first run only, and voila, it still has it as scheduled, so I guess whatever the problem was it's past it now it guess. We'll see if it actually records next week, but I think it will.

Thanks for the help, though.
So, I just Checked what had recorded, and it says original air date was 5/17/11. so it really wasn't working. I then went in to the future scheduled programs and it showed tosh.0 scheduled to be recorded, so great, it's working. I then went and changed the setting to be first run only, and voila, it still has it as scheduled, so I guess whatever the problem was it's past it now it guess. We'll see if it actually records next week, but I think it will.

Thanks for the help, though.

6 of 6 (819 Views)