Helpful Links

DVR to DVD

Highlighted
Mentor

DVR to DVD

Yesterday I needed to correct the clock on my VCR/DVD combo.  I have the ATT DVR connected to a HDTV via component cables (Component 1).  The VCR/DVD combo connected to the HDTV via component cables (Component 2) and the the ATT DVR  connected to the VCR/DVD combo input with component cables.  The HDTV is set to 1080i HD even though I am not subscribed to HD "technology."  Prior to the THDVR update when turning on the VCR/DVD I would get a dark screen with heavy noise patterns.  I needed to change the ATT DVR from 1080i (or 720p) to standard definition to view the VCR/DVD combo.  Yesterday I was able to leave the ATT DVR set on 1080i and was able to view the VCR/DVD combo to reset the clock.  I also tested viewing a DVD and with recording to the DVD from the ATT DVR also with the DVR set to 1080i and 720p.  The test was successful!!  This was something I could nor do prior to the THDVR update without changing the aspect ratio to standard defeinition.  Is this someting that is fixed in the THDVR update or am I just lucky?

Message 1 of 2
Master

Re: DVR to DVD

donnie wrote:

Yesterday I needed to correct the clock on my VCR/DVD combo.  I have the ATT DVR connected to a HDTV via component cables (Component 1).  The VCR/DVD combo connected to the HDTV via component cables (Component 2) and the the ATT DVR  connected to the VCR/DVD combo input with component cables.  The HDTV is set to 1080i HD even though I am not subscribed to HD "technology."  Prior to the THDVR update when turning on the VCR/DVD I would get a dark screen with heavy noise patterns.  I needed to change the ATT DVR from 1080i (or 720p) to standard definition to view the VCR/DVD combo.  Yesterday I was able to leave the ATT DVR set on 1080i and was able to view the VCR/DVD combo to reset the clock.  I also tested viewing a DVD and with recording to the DVD from the ATT DVR also with the DVR set to 1080i and 720p.  The test was successful!!  This was something I could nor do prior to the THDVR update without changing the aspect ratio to standard defeinition.  Is this someting that is fixed in the THDVR update or am I just lucky?

1.6.*******  changed that    imho

my take

randy

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support