Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 17, 2010
7:34:42 PM
View profile
DVR not recording series

I was wondering what is wrong with Uverse DVR.  I use DVR recording setting any day any time once a day for shows under the TFC Channel, and at times it omits to record the series requested.   I also notice that the titles of the show are not indexed properly, so when you look up the show it is actually featuring a different program. Who is responsible in updating the show schedules?  TFC does indicate in their  station broadcast scheduled program changes and usually shows a 5 day lead time before they implement it, but Uverse schedules as posted on the Guide Search is either incorrect, or using an old title of an already finished program series.  It seems we are not getting the quality service we are hoping to get. 

I was wondering what is wrong with Uverse DVR.  I use DVR recording setting any day any time once a day for shows under the TFC Channel, and at times it omits to record the series requested.   I also notice that the titles of the show are not indexed properly, so when you look up the show it is actually featuring a different program. Who is responsible in updating the show schedules?  TFC does indicate in their  station broadcast scheduled program changes and usually shows a 5 day lead time before they implement it, but Uverse schedules as posted on the Guide Search is either incorrect, or using an old title of an already finished program series.  It seems we are not getting the quality service we are hoping to get. 

DVR not recording series

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2010 2:29:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Uverse gets their guide info from an outside company.  Recently I have noticed an error with a series recording that I have setup.  It is set to first run only, but the air dates on the shows are a week behind and the recordings aren't scheduled.  Since ATT/Uverse is actualy entering the info in the guide it is not clear who to contatct.

Uverse gets their guide info from an outside company.  Recently I have noticed an error with a series recording that I have setup.  It is set to first run only, but the air dates on the shows are a week behind and the recordings aren't scheduled.  Since ATT/Uverse is actualy entering the info in the guide it is not clear who to contatct.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR not recording series

2 of 4 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2010 11:54:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I've noticed similar oddities as I missed one first run show on 2/14.  It didn't have it set to record as the OAD was 2/17, actually in the future and on a day when it wasn't even on.  Garbage on / Garbage Out but the U-Verse system should be smart enough to realize that a show that airs on 2/14/10 is actually a newer show than the one listed as "originally aired" 2/17.

I've noticed similar oddities as I missed one first run show on 2/14.  It didn't have it set to record as the OAD was 2/17, actually in the future and on a day when it wasn't even on.  Garbage on / Garbage Out but the U-Verse system should be smart enough to realize that a show that airs on 2/14/10 is actually a newer show than the one listed as "originally aired" 2/17.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2010 2:10:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

I agree with you on that one.  But seeing that they are working on bigger updates and upgrades that might incorporate that feature, I will just check the program info on the recordings that aren't scheduled.  It is a drag to have to do that but it beats missing the recording altogether.

dhascall wrote:

I agree with you on that one.  But seeing that they are working on bigger updates and upgrades that might incorporate that feature, I will just check the program info on the recordings that aren't scheduled.  It is a drag to have to do that but it beats missing the recording altogether.

4 of 4 (257 Views)