DVR lost all of our recorded programs.

Contributor

DVR lost all of our recorded programs.

Our DVR was automatically rebooted after an AT&T push of some sort. Now our recorded programs are gone. The drive was NOT full so that wasn't the issue. What kind of system doesn't provide some sort of backup? Called AT&T at 800 288-2020 and got the auto messages and the auto guy stepped us through rebooting system. That didn't help so I said AGENT about 3 times and they switched to another group but just keep getting busy signals. We are not happy campers as we switched from Charter because we kept hearing how great Uverse was. Not sure we are going to keep this when our 1 year contract runs out. We lost a LOT of Doctor Who episodes!

Message 1 of 4 (434 Views)
Expert

Re: DVR lost all of our recorded programs.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your recorded programs.  If this happens again call ts using one of the number in my sig and request a new dvr.

Message 2 of 4 (384 Views)
Contributor

It happened again. AT&T pushed through another update last night around 11:30 pm. We didn't get any error message this time. Everything is gone. I called first thing this morning and they are sending out a new DVR. Tech said all we have to do to install it is to plug it in and turn it on. Does that sound right?

Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)
Expert

You will have to call cs and have it provisioned for your address.

Message 4 of 4 (308 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.