DVR features

Contributor

DVR features

I am a new ATT U-Verse customer, I used to be with Dish network and their DVR has a lot of features that I can't find on the u-verse DVR I.e., slow motion (15x & 4x),frame by frame, swap, split screen (not PIP), etc...

The swap features allows you to pause a channel, swap to another channel and later come back to the original channel and resume viewing where you left off (can do it on both channels,this allows you to skip the advertising)

On page 22 of TV features guide I received there is a mention of watching the program in slow motion but I wasn't able to find any explanation on how it is done.

Does any one out there know if any of the features described above are available and how to do it?

Thanks for your replies

Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)
Expert

Re: DVR features

Some of the functions of the dvr are mentioned in this thread.  However, there is no slo mo, variable ff, and rew speeds, split screen at this time.  The stbs are decoding four streams of internet packets and don't have tuners like those provided by other service providers.  So is you are watching one channel on the dvr stb and change it, you will losed the buffered programming.  I described several workarounds in the thread listed below.
http://utalk.att.com/utalk/board/message?board.id=DVR&thread.id=10175&jump=true
Message 2 of 4 (407 Views)
ACE - Master

cwiedmer wrote:

I am a new ATT U-Verse customer, I used to be with Dish network and their DVR has a lot of features that I can't find on the u-verse DVR I.e., slow motion (15x & 4x),frame by frame, swap, split screen (not PIP), etc...

The swap features allows you to pause a channel, swap to another channel and later come back to the original channel and resume viewing where you left off (can do it on both channels,this allows you to skip the advertising)

On page 22 of TV features guide I received there is a mention of watching the program in slow motion but I wasn't able to find any explanation on how it is done.

Does any one out there know if any of the features described above are available and how to do it?

Thanks for your replies

You can find the Uverse Feature Guide online in PDF form:  https://uma.att.com/assets/files/U-verse_Feature_Guide.pdf

I do find the statement on page 22 intriqueing.  "Create your own instant replays during an exciting game.  Or watch the play again in slow motion to see how it was done."

U-verse doesn't have slow-motion replay.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (407 Views)
Expert

I'm sure when they wrote that manual they expected this service to be a lot farther along by now.  They had to have a manual, but I think they were just a little ahead of their time.

Those features are coming unfortunately we (the subs) don't know when.

Message 4 of 4 (407 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.